grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

Interesting thing about Jumanji is that it was advertised much more as "The Rock featuring Kevin Hart and Jack Black" than something like CI which was "The Rock AND Kevin Hart." Smart strategy, and I'm more a Hart fan than not. He's funnier in this when he's just a fun supporting role not tasked with carrying like Think Like a Man than anything he's done on screen in a few years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Interesting thing about Jumanji is that it was advertised much more as "The Rock featuring Kevin Hart and Jack Black" than something like CI which was "The Rock AND Kevin Hart." Smart strategy, and I'm more a Hart fan than not. He's funnier in this when he's just a fun supporting role not tasked with carrying like Think Like a Man than anything he's done on screen in a few years.

I used to be a Hart fan but recently he’s played the same guy in like every movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Jumanji doing 70M in 6 days is madness. Sony won. First 200M since Hancock that isn't a Bond or Spider-Man movie.

This also gives Sony a franchise too which can help it live for a while. 

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I used to be a Hart fan but recently he’s played the same guy in like every movie.

Pretty much my biggest problem with Jumanji, Rock, Gillian, and Black are doing a good job doing the in another body schtick. Hart is just doing Hart.

• Like 1

Still with the performances of Homecoming, Jumanji and Driver, all Sony needs to do is seriously retool their animation division (cause this year none went over $100M/$300M.) and hope to God their Spidey spinoffs are good and they should be fine.

• Like 1

Just now, Sand-omJC said:

Pretty much my biggest problem with Jumanji, Rock, Gillian, and Black are doing a good job doing the in another body schtick. Hart is just doing Hart.

I loved Jumanji and Hart was tolerable in this but pretty much this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Jumanji doing 70M in 6 days is madness. Sony won. First 200M since Hancock that isn't a Bond or Spider-Man movie.

Thank goodness...

Hopefully Zathura is next if they do choose the franchise route.

But I also hope this paves the way for more eclectic risk-taking and originality.

12 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Jumanji will be bigger than F8te for Rock’s biggest movie this year domestically, @RichWS

True but it's not really The Rock's movie. He flexes his muscles and does that lame thing with his eyebrows he always does (it's supposed to be "charming" I guess). It's Jack Black and Karen Gillan's movie.