grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

Just now, Galupp said:

How the mods allowed such an ignorant racist like Empire to continue posting is fucking beyond me.

35056.jpg

Hes (in a funny way) mocking the taste of Chinese moviegoers. How is that "ignorant" or "racist"? Did he say "Wow, these stupid chinese with (insert racist naming) dont have a clue about good filmmaking"?

I think not.

I mock American films all the time. Americans mock German films all the time in other Forums (as they should. German cinema is pathetic nowadays).

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

You’re beyond kidding yourself if you think TFA managed a 3.8x multi off a 250m OW by not being anything less than as universally liked as it gets for blockbusters. As far as what happened after the box office run, I still never saw some vocal presence of hate for it. Criticism and issues are a different matter entirely. You will get that with any movie.

No shit, I'm the one that was and has been saying exactly that.  I think it was universally liked and there was no back lash outside the vocal minority.  

The vocal minority was screaming otherwise, and now that same vocal minority is screaming the opposite.  That is the whole point.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This might rub some people the wrong way, but I would take Star Wars failing to break through in places like China as a compliment of the quality of the film and not an indictment.  

Zootopia, Avatar, Captain America: Civil War, Coco.

Good movies, good Box Offices in China.

Ah! Dunkirk, a movie with less appeal to foreign audiences, made 50 million there.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Its very funny to me that - in many cases - the same people that called J.J. "Jar Jar Abrams" for making TFA a "remake of ANH" now call for his return. The hypocrisy is real.

Btw, i mean the Internet in general, this forum is still a very civil place compared to the warzones of YT, Twitter and Co.

Abrams being back for IX has me completely uninterested in IX. It could be the first Star Wars flick released in my lifetime that I don't see a theater.

Just now, John Marston said:

Lol so now Last Jedi is some kind of high brow movie and not the one dimensional, shallow, non complex characters/ plot movie it is 

43051169c7a7b8517db99fba709b618506ced2b1

The Last Jedi is amazing. Neither of us will convince the other one. And we dont have too :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, James said:

Lol, everyone who thinks Disney doesn't give a damn about the divisive reception of TLJ is out of his/her mind. You don't get where Disney got by ignoring what's in front of you and thinking short term. Disney didn't buy Lucasfilm to make 3-4 SW movies. They bought them to bring in profits for years to come. And like it or not, that also means OS. You know why? Because SW did all it could do DOM wise. But there's an entire world out there, not only for movies, but for toys and merchandise too. And Disney clearly cares.

I haven't seen more advertisement for any movie in my life here. There's an add or a SW toy spot every 10 minutes on any channel.

But the movie still fell quite a bit. In the end, movies are only a smart part of the equation. They are more or less a huge advertisement for merchandise. And if they don't do well, merchandise will also drop. There was a really interesting article someone posted a few days ago about the SW toy sales shipments dropping 40% from TFA 2 years ago and 20% from RO. 

In the end, Disney is a huge enterprise. They aren't Lionsgate who just looks to make some profit. They want the big money. That is why they only do franchise movies. And if they can't break out in emerging markets like China, then that is a big problem for them.

I'd only believe that Disney cares about this brouhaha if they fire Rian Johnson.

This movie is still making the big bucks, shitty legs or not. And there's always the next movie.

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

35056.jpg

Hes (in a funny way) mocking the taste of Chinese moviegoers. How is that "ignorant" or "racist"? Did he say "Wow, these stupid chinese with (insert racist naming) dont have a clue about good filmmaking"?

I think not.

I mock American films all the time. Americans mock German films all the time in other Forums (as they should. German cinema is pathetic nowadays).

Honestly most countries like action films etc. So most have a bad taste, because those normally don't want to be more than just entertaining.

And TLJ definitely was.

Oh Yeah, German Cinema is horrible, right now "Fuck ju Göhte 3" is #1 film of the year in Germany.

Edited by Taruseth

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

35056.jpg

I think not.

Who the fuck are you to mock Asians' movie tastes? Only ignorant racists would do such a pathetic and petty thing.

4 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Yep.

Oh Yeah, German Cinema is horrible, right now "Fuck ju Göhte 3" is #1 film of the year in Germany.

Dont remind me. Unsere Filmindustrie ist nur noch ein Schatten seiner selbst.

3 minutes ago, Galupp said:

Who the fuck are you to mock Asians' movie tastes? Only ignorant racists would do such a pathetic and petty thing.

Ladies and Gentleman, here we have a troll. Dont feed it, it might grow.

Edited by Brainbug

2 minutes ago, Galupp said:

Your constant ignorant racist posts against Asians' movie tastes fucking offended me as an Asian person.

That would mean I think the South Korean and Japanese and India and other markets have bad taste or support a lot of bad films and they don't.  

Nice troll though, seems like you might be the one with the issue.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2