grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

37 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

And South Korea? They’re certainly no slouches in terms of cinephilia.. in fact their tastes are often better than the US imo. The Handmaiden made $31m there. 

Bit of a screwy comparison when South Korea was Handmaiden's native market and said film had a very limited release elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

That would mean I think the South Korean and Japanese and India and other markets have bad taste or support a lot of bad films and they don't.  

Nice troll though, seems like you might be the one with the issue.  

TLJ flopped hard in South Korea and India too but by all means please stay racist. Good on you

Just now, cookie said:

Bit of a screwy comparison when South Korea was Handmaiden's native market and said film had a very limited release elsewhere.

Yeah and if you release a 3 hour lesbian arthouse thriller here in wide release it would make like $3m lol  

Just now, CJohn said:

Fast & Furious 8 is the biggest OW of all time here and the biggest movie of the year by quite a margin, Portugal won motherfuckers :hahaha:

tumblr_nqik99XqWA1s8c8jbo1_500-143716920

7 The Emoji Movie Sony

$1,828,799

9 La La Land Aud. Vis. $1,711,125

Can I say your country has bad taste, or would that be racism?

38 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This might rub some people the wrong way, but I would take Star Wars failing to break through in places like China as a compliment of the quality of the film and not an indictment.  

War of the Planets of the Apes.

GREAT movie (way better than The Last Jedi IMO): 

$ 112 million in China.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Dont remind me. Unsere Filmindustrie ist nur noch ein Schatten seiner selbst.

Oh, yes it is.

Irgendwie wirklich traurig. 

But there are only like 4 actors left that M'Barek guy, Emilia Schüle, Jannis Niewöhner and Jannik Schümann. I have the feeling in every single movie there is a least one of them.

2 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

The Last Jedi will go down as one of the great Star Wars movies. Just give it time.

I think Star Wars fans are going to stay bitter about it. It might take a new generation for that to fade away.

I just wonder why there's such a disconnect between critics and fans.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

7 The Emoji Movie Sony

$1,828,799

9 La La Land Aud. Vis. $1,711,125

Can I say your country has bad taste, or would that be racism?

I am gonna argue that it is the kids who have bad taste and eat up everything studios throw at them :hahaha:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Taruseth said:

Oh, yes it is.

Irgendwie wirklich traurig. 

But there are only like 4 actors left that M'Barek guy, Emilia Schüle, Jannis Niewöhner and Jannik Schümann. I have the feeling in every single movie there is a least one of them.

Vergiss Till Schweiger nicht. Den werden wir auf absehbare Zeit auch nicht mehr los.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Fast & Furious 8 is the biggest OW of all time here and the biggest movie of the year by quite a margin, Portugal won motherfuckers :hahaha:

tumblr_nqik99XqWA1s8c8jbo1_500-143716920

Still less embarrassing than Germany, because Fuck ju Göhte had a higher first weekend than TLJ (in admissions) and F&F8 is I think the third highest opening weekend this year and btw. DM3 is the second highest grossing movie until TLJ overtakes it sometime this week.

there will definitely be people trashing Abrams and saying that Rian did a better job or would do a better job in episode IX.

doesn't mean they will be the same people tho. 

me I don't think any of them did a good job especially with the world-building or writing,  but I left the theater after TFA feeling meh , TLJ I was just angry.