grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

Call Me By Your Name is going to need to rack up several Oscar nominations if it wants to see anything close to a wide release. That PTA for it over four days is not going to inspire much confidence without those nominations. It’s no Moonlight.

• Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

hey guys how about we talk about how good Blade Runner 2049 is who else likes Blade Runner 2049

Objectively the best movie of 2017. I need to watch it again, but id put it even in the Top 5 of this decade. Pure cinematic masterclass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

I think Star Wars fans are going to stay bitter about it. It might take a new generation for that to fade away.

I just wonder why there's such a disconnect between critics and fans.

Because critics are weird. They ignored blasphemous actions done to legacy characters and the force as “bold” because as an isolated movie it was 8/10 but as a part of this saga it was just a 5/10

i say weird because when dc universe made characters different than expected the same critics frothed from

their mouth “muh Superman” but they were excused because as a singular movie those movies were actually not good 

1 minute ago, Taruseth said:

Still less embarrassing than Germany, because Fuck ju Göhte had a higher first weekend than TLJ (in admissions) and F&F8 is I think the third highest opening weekend this year and btw. DM3 is the second highest grossing movie until TLJ overtakes it sometime this week.

TLJ will never pass DM3 here :hahaha: We are over the Disney brand of entertainment :hahaha::hahaha:

China is a developing market that enjoys what we enjoyed in the Late 90s/Early 2000s. Just like the rest of the world, it is changing at the moment. 

I'm really not a fan of calling things bad, just because taste changes. 
I don't think China has a bad taste.

It's an arrogant thing to say. 

But that's just my opinion. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

you vs. the movie the Portuguese box office tells you not to worry about

og.jpg share.jpg

La La Land beat every superhero movie here, tell me how many of those did LLL beat in America :hahaha: ?

The biggest superhero movie of the year here is JL btw :hahaha::hahaha:

Just now, Taruseth said:

Bitte erinnere mich nicht an den oder Matthias Schweighöfer (bei dessen Amazon Werbung...)

Was für ein schönes Geschick, dass wir bald beide Nasen in einem Film haben werden :wacko: