grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

SING's multiplier (3.58x) off the 6-day takes JUMANJI to 233+ dom (65.2/75.5*270)

I think the low-end is 3.0x the 6-day / ~196 dom for JUMANJI. Can't really see it missing 200.

Going by the reception and trend so far I think 250 is more likely than missing 200, as in 20% chance of 250 vs 10% chance of sub-200.

Just now, a2knet said:

SING's multiplier (3.58x) off the 6-day takes JUMANJI to 233+ dom (65.2/75.5*270)

I think the low-end is 3.0x the 6-day / ~196 dom for JUMANJI. Can't really see it missing 200.

Going by the reception and trend so far I think 250 is more likely than missing 200, as in 20% chance of 250 vs 10% chance of sub-200.

I smell a 2manji. Maybe it can top NaTM unadjusted.

23 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Movie has great word of mouth. No matter how desperately you and others try to spin it. Looking forward to your disappearance when over the next two days alone it grosses would it did this weekend, never mind the rest of the week and then next weekend. 

It does not have great word of mouth. It doesn't have bad word of mouth either. Just not great. Calendar factor aside, I'm convinced that with great word of mouth the first Monday drop would have been better and thus the weekdays would have been significantly better, which would have boosted the 2nd Friday etc. Etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Christmas baumer said:

Everything you just said here is wrong.

No it has no chance of making $700 million and the further this goes on the more apparent it will be.

If I remember I'll remind you how "wrong" I am in a few weeks time when it'll be even more obvious than it is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Gustavo said:

Han Solo will be the Suicide Squad of this franchise? If the movie is this divisive, it might damage Star Wars canon irreparably

It's destroyed childhoods... it's destroyed canon... what will it destroy next.

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Is this ironic? The Star Wars films except OT are not special. No talented direction, no captivating story, no amazing cinematography.. nothing. In a world where justice prevails the top 100 highest grossing films would look very different.

Perhaps you should like... maybe see the movies before making statements like this?

1 hour ago, EpicBoom23 said:

Well, but what about weekdays? Are pre-Christmas days also depressing TLJ?

Yes

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

According to twitter The Last Jedi is on pace to fall below Rogue One. LOL.

I want to call these people ignorant, but i cant. Box office is something 99,9% of the "normal" people are just not familiar with.

• Like 3