Fullbuster

Comicbook movies in 2017 : Choose your favorite one!

Your favorite comicbook/superhero movie of the year?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite comicbook/superhero movie of the year?

• Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
    • Wonder Woman
    • Spider-Man Homecoming
    • Thor Ragnarok
    • Justice League
    • Logan

Ugh, Logan is so overrated. It doesn't have the heart (or humor) of Wonder Woman or GOTG2, nor the immensely fun replay value of SMH and Ragnarok. 

On that note, it's really hard to pick this year between those four. I love them all, and it kind of just depends on my mood during the current day. Probably would go with WW overall. Truly a landmark year in the genre, may never be repeated. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Hmm, that’s kinda sad for Justice League.

In the spirit of Christmas, I’m changing my vote then (until some poor folks take my place to vote for it)

Edited by Sam
  • Sad 1

I watched all of them 2 times except Thor (but will when it hits).

Guardians didn't impress me in theaters. It felt a lot like filler and went down even further on rewatch.

Wonder Woman had a lot of heart even though it has weak villains. The heroic stuff is some of the best the genre has seen in a while though (Thanks to Gadot and Pine) and it really did remind me of Spider-Man at times.

Logan has some amazing brutal action sequences and a lot of great acting but the stupid Evil Wolverine stuff takes it down. It feels like a movie that would have landed a lot better if the Wolverine films that led up to it had been stronger. It's a strong movie but it's hard to watch more than two times.

Thor and SM: Homecoming are fun while they last but pretty stake less and forgettable. Would have liked Homecoming a lot more without the endless tie ins to the MCU.

Hela was built up to be this big threat but comes across as cartoonish in the actual movie. I also thought there was way too much sketchy CGI and green screen.

Justice League is just a mess. The scores cool at times?

Edited by somebody85

Definitely enjoyed Logan the most. It doesn't have a very high rewatchability factor, but it is really strong as a film experience.

Wonder Woman comes 2nd. 3rd act was goofy, but other than that, it's the closest to perfection in tone that DC has accomplished yet, and Gal Gadot is a ray of sunlight.

The three Marvel movies were all very entertaining, with Homecoming being my favorite, in spite of its issues. Guardians 2 was also quite good. Ragnarok was fun, but kinda overrated imo.

Justice League was entertainingly meh, and it comes last for me.

Easily Wonder Woman.The film has heart and humor yet it doesn't shy away from how awful the world war was or raising some important questions.Add to that perfect performances and direction and you have what is probably my favorite comic book film in many mant years.10/10

Spiderman Homecoming is a distant second.I trully enjoyed it and it was fun with good performances.7.5/10

Justice League follows.The characters were just perfect and their interactions more than made up for the lack of plot and weak villain.Performances were great across the board and considering th3 behind the scenes drama the film exceeded expectations.7/10

Thor Ragnarok also had a weak plot and on top of that it felt like there were not stakes.It was obviously fun but you never felt that the characters were in danger which took away from the already underwhelming villain (great as Blanchett was).

Logan really bored the living hell out of me.But some exciting scenes and a satisfying abd emotional end save the film from reveling into dullness.

Guardians...tried to hard...