7TH PLACE

Reveal hidden contents

Hmmmmm...okay

5TH PLACE

Spoiler

IT

original.gif

Release Date: September 14

There was an even better horror movie than Get Out this year, and that movie is It. Andy Muschietti's followup to Mama was a terrifying nightmare in the form of the clown Pennywise. This is another movie that uses really well the first contact the audience has with the monster, with the absolutely shocking scene of Pennywise ripping the little kid's arm following it by pulling him to the sewer. Besides the terrific visuals, the whole Losers Club had really great chemistry, and there are some legit hilarious moments between them. It deserves every bit of praise it got.

• Like 7

4TH PLACE

Spoiler

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

kylo.gif

Release Date: December 13

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is everything a blockbuster should be. It subverts every expectation possible and turns it into something even better. The cast was excellent, and I am thrilled to see Kylo Ren as the leader of the First Order. The movie has some of the most impressive setpieces I have ever seen and sets up the story incredibly well for the final movie in the trilogy. Oh, and PORGS (and the crystal foxes deserve a mention too). I can't wait to see what Rian Johnson will do with his Star Wars trilogy, and I am sure it will be worth the wait.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

3RD PLACE

Spoiler

BLADE RUNNER 2049

tumblr_ot8kvevamt1qdhps7o4_r1_540.gif?w=

Release Date: October 5

Denis Villeneuve. We are not worthy of him. And we are not worthy of Blade Runner 2049 either. The world is just not prepared for such a masterfully directed piece of art. Everything about Blade Runner 2049 is outstanding. This is a slow and methodical sci-fi epic for which the general audience is not prepared. The visuals are out of this world good. The acting is incredible, and even Dave Bautista gives the best performance of his career in his 5 minutes screentime.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2ND PLACE

Spoiler

DUNKIRK

image7-dunkirk-giphy-1500791717.gif

Release Date: July 20

The best working director right now delivered another stunning experience like only he could. Dunkirk is a truly exceptional movie in every way possible, with barely any dialogues. It is amazing it became a success in today's age. Dunkirk is a thrilling experience that didn't let me breathe for a single second during his entire runtime. Christopher Nolan made a World War II movie released in the heart of the Summer that was a massive success. He truly is a God.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

1ST PLACE

Spoiler

mother!

tmp_ZJ1yFw_e9d3138e914cc26b_tumblr_oucrp

Release Date: September 21

There will never be anyone like visionary Darren Aronofsky and certainly there will never be a movie like mother!. I can't explain mother!. I can't review mother!. mother! is an experience everyone needs to live. You might love it, you might hate it, but it is undeniably something we will never see ever again. I felt anger, pain, happiness, sadness, disgust and many many other emotions while watching it. Jennifer Lawrence gives a performance for the ages that will be hilariously overlooked by the Oscars because they are too busy with their shit. mother! is something special that I will remember forever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

So far a pretty good list, I won't give you shit about the IT placement because I really enjoyed It as well :ph34r:

But Life??  I mean one oddball pick is better than normal.

EDIT: mother! is your number one, make that two oddball picks.  Can't say I agree with you about it, but it's an inspired choice.

Edited by The Last Panda

52 minutes ago, CJohn said:

1ST PLACE

Hide contents

mother!

tmp_ZJ1yFw_e9d3138e914cc26b_tumblr_oucrp

Release Date: September 21

There will never be anyone like visionary Darren Aronofsky and certainly there will never be a movie like mother!. I can't explain mother!. I can't review mother!. mother! is an experience everyone needs to live. You might love it, you might hate it, but it is undeniably something we will never see ever again. I felt anger, pain, happiness, sadness, disgust and many many other emotions while watching it. Jennifer Lawrence gives a performance for the ages that will be hilariously overlooked by the Oscars because they are too busy with their shit. mother! is something special that I will remember forever.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

3RD PLACE

Hide contents

BLADE RUNNER 2049

tumblr_ot8kvevamt1qdhps7o4_r1_540.gif?w=

Release Date: October 5

Denis Villeneuve. We are not worthy of him. And we are not worthy of Blade Runner 2049 either. The world is just not prepared for such a masterfully directed piece of art. Everything about Blade Runner 2049 is outstanding. This is a slow and methodical sci-fi epic for which the general audience is not prepared. The visuals are out of this world good. The acting is incredible, and even Dave Bautista gives the best performance of his career in his 5 minutes screentime.

YAS!!! My favorite film of the year (so far)!