Porthos

Tuesday Numbers (Dec 26): TLJ 27.7, Jumanji: 17.1, PP3 7.4, TGS 5.1 (actuals/estimates)

11 minutes ago, TheForceuser707 said:

Let me know when the figures presented are actual final figures.

And less of those daft gif responses and self congratulations please. Thanks

Getting Numbers from RTH is practically like getting actuals hours before they are published. You are very new here, arent you?

2 minutes ago, TheForceuser707 said:

Really?

Then why is TLJ the only Star Wars sequel to make LESS on its OW than its predecessor?

Oh Lord. First, TFA was the return of SW after 10 years, the hype was once-in-a-lifetime big. TLJ had never a chance to get the same hype and the same number of people into the theater, especially as it is the 3rd SW movie in 3 years. Second, i dont know if you knew, but TFA openend to 248M. Even coming close to that number like TLJ did with 220M is an incredible achievement. 

Judging from your posts, you seem to hope that TLJ stumbles because you didnt like the movie. Thats fine, but thats also not how box office works. Having a small bump today is an encouraging sign for TLJ, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I simply don't see it for January 18.  Here are the releases.....

- Molly's Game (the current PTA in limited indicates zero chance of anything happening)

- The Post (the best chance to have a true break out with Spielberg and award's season

- Paddington 2 (second best chance due to Warner Bros. and reviews)

- 12 Strong (dead in the water)

- Proud Mary (third best chance for a break out, but that date has too many wide releases)

- The Commuter (Lol)

- Den of Thieves (Lol)

- Maze Runner: The Death Cure (might hit around $80m if reviews are good and people still remember these movies)

I'm actually not seeing a major IMAX release on their website until Maze Runner. Could we get 6 weeks of TLJ on IMAX screens. IIRC, some of the IMAX screens in TFA's fifth week went to The Revenant.

for Derby reasons, I will go any further

Star Wars - 28.2 + 21 + 20 = 464.83

JUMANJI - 17.0 + 13.5 + 12.5 = 115.01

Pitch P3 - 7.6 + 6.75 + 6.25 = 47.025

Greatest - 5.3 + 3.75 + 3.75 = 31.81

Coco      - 3 x 3 = 173.31

Downsizing - 2 x 3 = 13.42

All the Money - 5 total

Ferdinand - 3.63 x 3 = 40.49

Darkest - 1.5 x 3 = 12.87

Father 1.4 x 3 = 9.68

Water 1.1 x 3 = 12.29

Molly's Game (0.75)(3) + 1 = 3.25

DH2 .45 x 3 = 101.10

Wonder 0.7 x 3 = 117.75

JL 0.45 x 3 = 228.48

Thor 2 - 0.35 x 3 = 310.50

Lady Bird  - 0.3 x 3 = 29.62

The STar - 0.4 x 3 = 39.84

Disaster 0.3 x 3 = 16.92

Call Me By 0.2 x 3 = 3.86

Murder 0.19 x 3 = 100.02

3 Billboards 0.19 x 3 = 23.52

BMC 0.06 x 3 = 71.75

Edited by Matrix4You

1 minute ago, StarWarsBGFan said:

I'm actually not seeing a major IMAX release on their website until Maze Runner. Could we get 6 weeks of TLJ on IMAX screens. IIRC, some of the IMAX screens in TFA's fifth week went to The Revenant.

No there’s something getting limited screens on January 12, What is it? I can’t remember but I saw the ads...

2 minutes ago, StarWarsBGFan said:

Why are people predicting low 20s, high teens for tomorrow? In 2006 the overall box office fell only 15% on the 27th.

I would still expect a 25-30% decline for TLJ Wednesday. Don’t get your hopes up - that would be a good number.

• Like 1

Why are people predicting low 20s, high teens for tomorrow? In 2006 the overall box office fell only 15% on the 27th.

Dec 26 was Discount Tuesday, so there might be some harsher drops for all the movies on the 27th with the tickets going back to full price.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I would still expect a 25-30% decline for TLJ Wednesday. Don’t get your hopes up - that would be a good number.

I think we all should just expect bad to really bad holds for TLJ from now on. That way we wont get a lot of disappointing numbers :lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

No there’s something getting limited screens on January 12, What is it? I can’t remember but I saw the ads...

Hmm.  Interesting question.

*checks local True IMAX theater*

I can only buy tickets up to Jan 7th, and that's for TLJ.

Over at IMAX.com proper, the list is:

TLJ (duh)

The Commuter (Jan 12)

12 Strong (Jan 19)

The Maze Runner (Jan 26)

So either of those two might worm their way in at some locations before The Maze Runner shows up, depending on contracts.

Edited by Porthos

@EmpireCity said in another thread that "most" theaters didnt do Discount Tuesday yesterday. If so, 28,2 would be an even better number for TLJ.

It will be very interesting if it can catch Beauty and the Beast 17' till New Years Eve. I dont think so, it will be like 2015, when TFA barely failed to Top JW' 652M calendar gross. But TLJ shoud come close, as its drop next weekend will be very small.