Porthos

Tuesday Numbers (Dec 26): TLJ 27.7, Jumanji: 17.1, PP3 7.4, TGS 5.1 (actuals/estimates)

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Miss Saigon is very cinematic as a piece of theatre and likely would be an award contender if they get it right. Oliver! I'm not too sure on because the 1968 film is a classic and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who could match Ron Moody as Fagin or Oliver Reed as Bill Sykes. I have read rumours that they want Adele as Nancy.

I believe Spielberg was planning to film The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara during his downtime while RPO was in post production but casting wasn't going well. The Post came together very quickly and essentially used the same crew who were going to do Edgardo. The last time they had two Spielberg films in the same month was 2011 with Tintin and War Horse 

The Oliver! remake seems like something that wouldn't happen anytime soon, and then will just come out of the blue out of nowhere.

And Spielberg is also great at filming back to back movies. Now I'm curious if he can finally get around to making The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara though. That one has interested me since it was first announced. 

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Predicting 19.8 (-30%) for TLJ Wed.

I dont want to appear cynical, but could there be a Carrie Fisher deathday-effect? Some SW fans, whether they liked the movie or not, could be seeing it today as sort of a tribute.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I dont want to appear cynical, but could there be a Carrie Fisher deathday-effect? Some SW fans, whether they liked the movie or not, could be seeing it today as sort of a tribute.

I'm not sure that will be a thing, it's not going to pull a TDK, because she passed awhile ago.

6 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

And Spielberg is also great at filming back to back movies. Now I'm curious if he can finally get around to making The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara though. That one has interested me since it was first announced. 

I reckon Spielberg will try and get Edgardo Mortara off the ground after he's done and dusted with Ready Player One but he has a lot of projects in development that it wouldn't be a shock if he decides to abandon it

1 minute ago, mikee11 said:

40% drop today

If I'm wrong I'm not making anymore predictions I give up

you are doing it right, when you make wrong predictions, as long as you take the knowledge from your failures and assess better predictions in the future. but then again humans are not rational.

1 minute ago, NoLegMan said:

I'm not sure that will be a thing, it's not going to pull a TDK, because she passed awhile ago.

Paul Walker died in 2013. Didnt stop Furious 7 from exploding (partially because of the tribute to him) in 2015.

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Paul Walker died in 2013. Didnt stop Furious 7 from exploding (partially because of the tribute to him) in 2015.

To be fair, Walker died while Furious 7 was in the middle of shooting (leading to more curiosity). Fisher passed after filming on The Last Jedi concluded.

Edited by filmlover

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I reckon Spielberg will try and get Edgardo Mortara off the ground after he's done and dusted with Ready Player One but he has a lot of projects in development that it wouldn't be a shock if he decides to abandon it

It wouldn't surprise me if Spielberg didn't make Edgardo Mortara either. He's certainly been working on a lot of projects as of late, which is a good thing. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

to add another layer of this based on my assumption women are not going to get the same sort of reaction, I wish a Fisher bump was a thing though.

SING JUMANJI
Pre-sales 0   1.86  
Wed 11.01   7.21  
Thu 9.6 -12.81% 7.54 4.58%
Fri 12.97 35.10% 12.48 65.52%
Sat 7.92 -38.94% 14.86 19.07%
Sun 14.38 81.57% 9.06 -39.03%
Mon 19.67 36.79% 19 109.71%
Tue 17.52 -10.93% 17.1 -10.00%
Wed 15.5 -11.53%    
Thu 15.04 -2.97%    
Fri 16.92 12.50%