DeeCee

Thursday Numbers (Asgard): TLJ $19.5 J $15m

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

It may not be 20m, but that is still some damn fine coffee numbers!

I’m pleased with it. I had $19M Wednesday and $18M Thursday so it’s beating my numbers anyway. I can’t complain! Psychologically I wanted $20M but it’s such a small difference it’s hardly worth quibbling over. Literally 2.5% haha.

Sadly, with my spreadsheet being pretty damn close with 19.27m, it's broken for tomorrow. It is saying only 19.54m. So I'm going to give it a jump from Thursday of +6.6% based on other jumps vs R1 and go with 20.54m for Friday, using 19.27m for Thursday for now.

I'm basing the +6.6% on the fact that R1's % increases have been about 26% higher than the TLJ's so far. R1 did +9% so I'm saying TLJ will do +6.6%. Not sure how the logic works, but it's the only thing I can come up with at the moment.

This is approx a 10.6% drop for TLJ. Slightly worse than drop of R1 of 7.2% on its Second Thursday, but TLJ also never had that monster 30% drop earlier in the week that R1 had on its post Xmas/Boxing Day run.

Not sure what it says, but it's probably saying something.:)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Wow. Jumanji flat.. 

When will Jumanji's dailies beat TLJ?

I have gone optimistic with JUMANJI just to see if a higher daily for JUMANJI can be forced  :D

TLJ

21.25 (+9%)

24.4 (+15%)

16.6 (-32%)

19.1 (+15%)

JUMANJI

18.3 (+22%)

21.0 (+15%)

15.1 (-28%)

19.0 (+25%)

Doesn't look likely that JUMANJI will have a day above TLJ till the holidays at least.

Edited by a2knet

So based on the way things have gone the actual will be between 18.9-19.1m lol

Hoping it stays above 19m. Should be looking at about a 60-65m 3 day and 80ish 4 day, give or take. Putting it around 545m after Monday and close to 1.1b WW also. 

• Like 1

I saw TLJ for the second time on Wednesday afternoon. The 1:30 showing was completely sold out, so my friend and I opted for the 2:00 3D show. It wasn't sold out, but it was packed. I liked the movie more on the second go round. I could pay attention to the small details, and also put into perspective some of the seemingly odd choices that Johnson made. My friend loved it unreservedly, and he's a big time SW fan from 1977. We talked about it and he had some perspectives I hadn't considered.

I hope it has a strong weekend.

• Like 9

Dread Pirate Lucas (flashback):  “Good night, Rian. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely fire you in the morning.”

Rian (speaking): For the twenty nights during the holidays he kept saying that to me.  “Good night, Rian. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely fire you in the morning.”

Rian (continuing): Then one night he said to me "I am not the Dread Pirate Lucas.  My name is J.J. and I inherited the franchise from the last Dread Pirate Lucas, just as you will inherit the next trilogy from me."  "He wasn't the real Dread Pirate Lucas either", he continued. "His name was Zahn. The real Dread Pirate Lucas is retired, living like a king in Marin."

====

That's how I'm imagining the conversation is going as the dailies come in and once it's all over, at any rate.  It amuses me to think that one of the flacks from Disney walks up to Rian each night and say, "Good night, sleep well, I'll most likely fire you in the morning" given how some folks think this is all being recieved by Diney. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

This is approx a 10.6% drop for TLJ. Slightly worse than drop of R1 of 7.2% on its Second Thursday, but TLJ also never had that monster 30% drop earlier in the week that R1 had on its post Xmas/Boxing Day run.

Not sure what it says, but it's probably saying something.:)

I'm procrastinating going to bed, so here is this. Do with it what you will. lol

Through day 14, R1's drops had averaged -26.46% and TLJ averaged -26.39%, pretty close.

R1's increases averaged +35.38% and TLJ averaged +29.48%

So while R1 averaged better % increases, it also had slightly worse drops and of course, started at much lower numbers.

• Like 1