DeeCee

Thursday Numbers (Asgard): TLJ $19.5 J $15m

Rogue One rose 9% on its Third Friday, for what it's worth (TFA's Third Friday was New Year's Day, making any comparison useless).  So anything in the 5% to 10% ballpark might be expected.  More would be absolutely great, of course. :)

12 minutes ago, Wonder Midget said:

Does George still get a cut from the new movies?

How much money will George Lucas make from the new Star Wars film?

Dirk Hooper
Dirk Hooper, Filmmaking/Media Arts major & Film and Video Studies minor
In October 2012 George Lucas sold Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion. When he sold Lucasfilm he also sold his rights to directly make money off new Star Wars projects (and Indiana Jones projects, etc.). He would be entitled to some royalties under Writer's Guild rules for creating the original characters. 

However, Lucas is a very sharp businessman and always has been. Part of his deal with Disney included receiving half of his payment in Disney stock, for a total of 37.1 million shares, which he hung on to. That many shares makes him the second largest non-institutional shareholder in Disney (right after the trust that holds Steve Job's shares that he got for selling Pixar to Disney).

On May 20th of 2015, it was reported that the stock Lucas received had grown by $2.2 billion in value, which made his initial deal worth $6.3 billion.

While George Lucas will not be paid directly, he will indirectly gain when Disney stock rises due to the success of the Star Wars franchise. If "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" continues to break box office records, Disney stock could rise again, and Lucas benefits without lifting a finger.

Additionally, Lucas will be rooting for the continued success of the Marvel films, Pixar  films and all the other goodies that Disney holds, because that increases his stock value as well.

From Quora, so take it for what it's worth.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

my friend didn't like jumanji :hahaha:

"it didn't add anything to the Jumanji lore"

"I guess...? Did you like the first Jumanji?"

"oh I've never seen it"

WHAT THE FUXK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT A FUCKING LORE THEN?? STOP READING REVIEWS OR BEING SO CRITICAL 😂😂😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Did you give them a "Not Sure If Serious" look?

I mean, could they have been pulling your leg over some of the TLJ complaints?

That's how I would have chosen to take it at least.  Well, before I would have started mocking them, of course. :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Good thing that's not the number I guess.

For what it's worth if the actual comes in at 18.9, that'd be a 13.5% drop.  Which I had pegged near the "meh" marker (15% drop).  I certainly wouldn't classify it as "bad" given R1 had a 30% and 20% drop in its days post Boxing Day.  From that point of view, a 21% drop and a 13.5% drop is ahead of the game for TLJ.

• Like 1

I am not sure I would like someone who didn’t enjoy Jumanji. Like do you just not like fun? And if someone said Jumanji lore I would assume they’re a hipster and I really don’t like hipsters lol. I’m sorry but no. That’s just a joke :P Jumanji wasn’t Citizen Kane but it’s just a fun movie and by no means objectionable. If someone doesn’t laugh during it I don’t think we would have much if anything in common.

19 minutes ago, DAJK said:

"I guess...? Did you like the first Jumanji?"

"oh I've never seen it"

WHAT THE FUXK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT A FUCKING LORE THEN?? STOP READING REVIEWS OR BEING SO CRITICAL 😂😂😂

lol...something tells me this is gonna becoming a BOT meme.

adds a lot to the BOT lore.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Less than 40M till TLJ passes BatB with that number, and it'll have 3-days to do it.

Bar some disastrous holds I'm feeling pretty confident it'll snatch #1 for the year (domestically).

It'll do it within the year, too, which neither R1 nor TFA achieved.

In fact, the last time a movie managed to hit and retain #1 for the year within the year itself was 2012.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DameronRoc said:

In fact, the last time a movie managed to hit and retain #1 for the year within the year itself was 2012.

Really?? Wow haha that’s kind of crazy / bizarre!

4 minutes ago, DameronRoc said:

That's a fun stat. I like it.

Just had a look at TFA's numbers and man was it close. JW got that win by the skin of it's teeth.

• Like 1

I ate fish and chips last year on the day Rogue One passed Finding Dory. With TFA I popped champagne and ate Star Wars cookies when it hit #1 all time plus watched ANH. I haven’t decided what to do this year, I’ve had it suggested to tear the pedals off a rose which I really like. I haven’t gotten my GF flowers in a while so maybe that’s a good excuse to do it :P

Edited by JonathanLB