grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

People are mad at deadline for no reason. What do you expect? These are very early numbers, of course the possibility for them changing is quite high. At least you have something to discuss....

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

People are mad at deadline for no reason. What do you expect? These are very early numbers, of course the possibility for them changing is quite high. At least you have something to discuss....

BUT IT'S NOT AS HIGH AS I WANT!!!!!!1!!!!!11111@!1!!!!111!!!!1!1!1!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

If I believed Deadline I would still have my $28.1M from last Friday to look at when I saw TLJ’s dailies. So yeah, they fucking suck at this. On the West theaters are still showing their first showings of the day! 

You went on some pretty long-winded rants about what would happen last Friday based on that 28 number. Those projections have been flushed down the toilet. :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

You went on some pretty long-winded rants about what would happen last Friday based on that 28 number. Those projections have been flushed down the toilet. :P

It's when Jonny doesn't rant, that's when you know somethings a miss.

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Thank you Deadline right? And yes, flushed right down the shitter. Just clogged up the shitter with those in fact. And it overflowed. And flooded the house. And I evacuated, forced to stay away for a day or so while the mess was sorted out. While asleep on the couch at a neighbors house I was bitten by a radioactive spider. And now I’m Spider-Man. My movie hits theaters in 2019, Spider-Man: The Toilet Clogging. 

• Haha 3

Just now, JonathanLB said:

Thank you Deadline right? And yes, flushed right down the shitter. Just clogged up the shitter with those in fact. And it overflowed. And flooded the house. And I evacuated, forced to stay away for a day or so while the mess was sorted out. While asleep on the couch at a neighbors house I was bitten by a radioactive spider. And now I’m Spider-Man. My movie hits theaters in 2019, Spider-Man: The Toilet Clogging. 

:hahaha:

11 minutes ago, Elessar said:

It's because they're terrible. If you're going to put something out this early for the sake of it with almost no data to back it up, at least apply some logic to it. Throw a 5 to 10% jump on Thursday's number and publish that.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

It might be better than TLJ. ;)

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

It might be better than TLJ. ;)

I dunno I foresee a lot of backlash about the origin story of Spider-Man and how it messes with the established lore. Some will call it a delicious reimagining of an age old tale for the Millennial generation, others will call it... well, others will call it a load of crap. :P

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I dunno I foresee a lot of backlash about the origin story of Spider-Man and how it messes with the established lore. Some will call it a delicious reimagining of an age old tale for the Millennial generation, others will call it... well, others will call it a load of crap. :P

just don't forget to my invite to the premier

• Like 1

Using exact same drops as Night At The Museum (2006) gets Jumanji to $63.3m over 4 days and $48.3m over 3 days

Using Those drops for Last Jedi get it to $84m over 4 days and $64m over 3 days

Same drops as The Pursuit of Happyness (2006) get Pitch Perfect 3 to $29.2m over 4 days and $22.2m over 3 days

Edited by the beast