grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

If TLJ actually decreases today from Thursday...

Insert Pacino snorting a huge pile of cocaine in Scarface gif here.

That's DL when they make their weekend predictions.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

This can't be right, this is JUMANJI we're talking about here.

Waiting for rth...

I'd have said the same thing til I saw it...one thing my spouse and I did agree on is that it's better than the original, and a big part is the leads...even though Jack Black stole it, everyone did so well in the roles they were given to play:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'd have said the same thing til I saw it...one thing my spouse and I did agree on is that it's better than the original, and a big part is the leads...even though Jack Black stole it, everyone did so well in the role they were given to play:)...

I actually want to watch this film! I'll probably go next week.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

@Lordmandeep caught hell earier today for saying $60m 3-day. That would be a pretty solid result regardless, but it looks a hell of a lot better compared to a $55m projection. 

The only reason I said 60 million because I remember we overestimated RO and TFA third weekends.

With so much demand burned, something gives. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The only reason I said 60 million because I remember we overestimated RO and TFA third weekends.

I'm gonna agree with you...seeing the week from afar, I'd have said $60M or a little less...so I don't think Deadline's way out to lunch yet...

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Exactly right. Rogue One was a huge negative outlier compared to everything in 2011 and 2016 (same calendar). If this one can get around $65m for the 3-day it would be a great result. 

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Early numbers around mid-day? That seems a bit premature. Deadline really is run by a bunch of monkeys. 

Makes me angry sometimes that sites like BOM,Deadline,Varity ect are filled with highly paid imbicille monkeys who knows less than many here on a bad day while taking a big dump..

Laughable..