grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

Without getting into too many specifics.....just think about Kylo Ren and how he sees Darth Vader.

And then you have that kind of appearance for Kylo.

Take it from there.  It would be epic.  And SW nerds like me would be happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

See, this is your opinion and that of many other as well. But there are counless others like me that love practically every aspect of TLJ. Nothing got thrown against a wall. Theres nothing to be fixed.

I don’t think it matters anyway. Lucas already took a crap on the franchise starting in 1999 and Disney is continuing that tradition. The box office is fun to watch at least. 

• Like 1

Minus some missteps Deadline has been fairly good at the box office the last six months or so. Whoever their sources are have gotten better at interpreting the data. 

Piss poor Friday though. Almost as bad as the Christmas day number. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Why cant Vader come as a force ghost? 

Because, spoiler alert, Vader was destroyed when Anakin was redeemed in ROTJ.  That's why you see Anakin's force ghost, not Vader. 

Hence why bringing in Vader would, in my opinion, be worse far worse for the character of Luke and the entire arc of Vader in the OT than anything in TLJ. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I’d say no chance given competition. A whole lot of movies vying for 200+ in November and December. ME will probably be a big casualty if it doesn’t really deliver. 

I don't even know why ME is getting those insane predictions. cause it's produced by PJ? ME isn't some iconic book series like LOTR or contemporary superhit like HP/Twilight/THG. It has no stars. It's steam punk, not the most popular subgenre. The teaser looks fake af. So I don't know where those 200-300M projections are coming from. 

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I thought you were gonna leave for good after your enemy LIONSGATE made Wonder into a $100M+ blockbuster? :redcapes:

Wonder is a Star Wars movie in disguise. Not fair. Lionsgate used cheat codes to win that one. So I used cheat codes to return.