2040: After Sunset

2049: After Everything

:jeb!:

Got it all wrong.

2022: During Sunrise

2031: During Sunset

2040: During Midnight

2049: Then we shift to the After.

Not gonna let Linklater stop making these till he's like a hundred years old.

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Got it all wrong.

2022: During Sunrise

2031: During Sunset

2040: During Midnight

2049: Then we shift to the After.

Not gonna let Linklater stop making these till he's like a hundred years old.

The After stuff would basically be a more upbeat version of Amour.

• Like 1

And oh yeah if I expressed some hope for Annihilation before it's pretty much down to zero now. It's sounding more and more like what if they had just released Under the Skin wide. There'll surely be strong admirers but that's not gonna cut it I'm afraid. 

14 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

And oh yeah if I expressed some hope for Annihilation before it's pretty much down to zero now. It's sounding more and more like what if they had just released Under the Skin wide. There'll surely be strong admirers but that's not gonna cut it I'm afraid. 

I learned the hard way with mother! :whosad: 

On 2/21/2018 at 8:38 PM, captainwondyful said:

Disney/Marvel does *NOT* give a shit.  Feige has said on MULTIPLE occasions that they don't campaign for awards or spend the money to go all out.  Could Black Panther's success and quality change their mind?  Could Ryan want to lead the charge (he's due a Best Director after the Academy snubbing Creed and Fruitville Station)? We'll see when the screeners start going out in the Fall.  That said -- if Ruth Carter (for costumes) and Hannah Beachler (for production designs) don't win those respective categories, I will flip an effing table. 

Well, if they didn't try with Civil war or The Winter soldier, I don't think they will do much for Black panther

After seeing Black Panther, this is what I'm expecting right now:

Score

Song (All the Stars)

Production Design

Costume Design

Makeup

VFX probably won't happen unless the category is slim or this is a Picture nominee, and the Sound categories totally depend on the competition. Pray for Me also depends on the competition because it's not a huge showcase in the film. 

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Score (YES)

Song (All the Stars) (YES)

Production Design (YES)

Costume Design (YES)

Makeup (YES)

VFX probably won't happen unless the category is slim or this is a Picture nominee, and the Sound categories totally depend on the competition. Pray for Me also depends on the competition because it's not a huge showcase in the film. 

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Score

Song (All the Stars)

Production Design

Costume Design

Makeup

hey we can't count out pray for me. The Weeknd's fifty shades song got nominated when everyone thought it would be ellie goulding's song maybe he's got stans in the music branch.

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

hey we can't count out pray for me. The Weeknd's fifty shades song got nominated when everyone thought it would be ellie goulding's song maybe he's got stans in the music branch.

which was also a vastly superior song.

by like a lot

song is perfection

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

which was also a vastly superior song.

by like a lot

song is perfection

from now on you can only quote me if you're saying something correct i'm getting tired of this shit.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I would've agreed with you if the song wasn't pushed aside in the film. It's background noise!

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I would've agreed with you if the song wasn't pushed aside in the film. It's background noise!

i honestly don't think it matters that much. this year they nominated the lesser sufjan song that just plays in a random scene of bike riding or whatever the fuck instead of the good one that's actually got some impact in the film.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

To be fair, Earned It was the credits song, and Love Me Like You Do, much like Pray For Me, is just background noise in one of the scenes.

• Astonished 1

I'm about to make a broad statement about this year's potential Oscar projectory based on events that have happened in the film industry.

My main prediction is this: At least one film distributed by Bleecker Street will be nominated for Best Picture this year.

My reasoning is this: with The Weinstein Company sent crumbling by Harvey Weinstein scandal, a giant hole has been created in terms of celebrated prestige films such as The Artist, and The King's SpeechInglorious Basterds, and Silver Linings Playbook. In fact, The Weinstein Company's collapse prevented Wind River from being a factor in the awards. But I believe that there is a company that can keep that niche of prestige picture going in a more successful manner, and that company is the relatively new Bleecker Street. The company has developed a brand of film, releasing features that tend to fit a certain mold that I find similar to The Weinstein Company's mold; the only difference, of course, is that Bleecker Street's films currently tend to be much, much better in quality.

Films that Bleecker Street has released in the past include Beasts of No NationEye in the SkyCaptain FantasticDenialPatersonThe Lost City of ZMegan LeaveyLogan Lucky, and The Man Who Invented Christmas.

And notable films that the company plans to release this year include Leave No TracePapillon (2018)Colette, and What They Had, and that's probably not all they plan on releasing.

Bleecker Street has had success in some acting categories in the past, but they have yet to truly have one of their films break through the Best Picture barrier. But I think, especially depending on the reception of Debra Granik's Leave No Trace and the quality of their Papillon remake (which stars Charlie Hunnam and Rami Malek), that this could change as soon as this year.

So enough of limiting the company's awards prospects to an understandable Keira-Knightley-for-Collete nod. I think it's time to view Bleecker Street as a threat.

6 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Score

Song (All the Stars)

Production Design

Costume Design

Makeup

I'm thinking it wins costumes and makeup, too. Would honestly be surprised if anything came along later in the year that was more impressive. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I'm thinking it wins costumes and makeup, too. Would honestly be surprised if anything came along later in the year that was more impressive. 

This is the year they recognise the Mission Impossible masks, Jake.