Ezen Baklattan

BOFFY VI: Return of the Jedi - Ballots (pick one for each category, only rank Best Picture) Due 3/2 at 11:59PM EST

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I probably won't submit a ballot, but best villain...I'm shocked no one has mentioned The Vulture from Spidey HC...creepiest villain scene in a looooong time, and one of the 2 main reasons that movie was awesome!:)

Not sure The Vulture will make my best villain list (I'm still working on it), but Keaton was pretty great in the film. In fact at times he nearly stole the show from Holland.

• Like 1

Another FYC - Best TV...Gifted

If you're a supers fan, and you're not watching this, you've missed the best take on the X-Men that's been done in forever.  Unassuming show that just "gets" the whole X concept...not saying it will keep up its quality (since it's only had a 1/2 season), but it's been worth it so far...

It's my favorite current supers show across all the mediums and channels...and I almost didn't watch it when it came on this year b/c I was watching so many (thankfully, I made time)...

• Like 1

Some more FYCs

Dunkirk

For Categories: Picture, Director, Cinematography, Editing, Visual Effects, Costume Design, Production Design, Sound Mixing and Editing, Best Hero (Tom Hardy)

The Big Sick

For Categories: Picture, Ensemble, Actor, Supporting Actress, Original Screenplay

Logan

For Categories: Picture, Director, Ensemble, Actor (Hugh Jackman), Supporting Actor (Patrick Stewart), Supporting Actress (Dafne Keen), Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Visual Effects, Sound Design and Mixing, Hero (Wolverine)

Wind River

For Categories: Picture, Ensemble, Actor (Jeremy Renner), Supporting Actor (Gil Burmingham), Original Screenplay

Wonder Woman

For Categories: Picture, Director, Actress, Adapted Screenplay, Visual Effects, Costume Design, Production Design, Sound Mixing and Editing, Original Score, Hero (Diana/Wonder Woman), Most Epic Box Office Run

TV Show

Shows: Game of Thrones, Master of None, Stranger Things, The Handmaid's Tale

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goffe said:

why no best comedy this year? @The Shape of Pasta @New Year New Panda

We decided to trim down some of the excess categories this year.  

The thought process I believe was to make the ballots a little less daunting to fill out, and streamline it a bit by taking out some of the redundant cats.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

58 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

We decided to trim down some of the excess categories this year.  

The thought process I believe was to make the ballots a little less daunting to fill out, and streamline it a bit by taking out some of the redundant cats.

So, less daunting...would you accept ballots that don't actually answer all categories, but stuck to a few, so as not to skew for things either the user was not knowledgeable or didn't care about?

37 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, less daunting...would you accept ballots that don't actually answer all categories, but stuck to a few, so as not to skew for things either the user was not knowledgeable or didn't care about?

You’re free to leave cats blank if you wish.  Also, part of the idea of the FYC Compilation is for cats you aren’t sure on you can see what other users recommended for it fairly easily.

• Like 1

Faith-Based FYCs

share_main.jpg

All Saints for Best Picture, Best Actor (John Corbett), Best Supporting Actor (Barry Corbin), Best Supporting Actor (Nelson Lee), and Best Original Screenplay

The-Case-for-Christ-1.jpg

The Case for Christ for Best Actor (Mike Vogel), Best Supporting Actress (Erika Christensen), Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Soundtrack

Other FYCs

lost-city-z.jpg?itok=G0zJkTmU

The Lost City of Z for Best Picture, Best Actor (Charlie Hunnam), Best Supporting Actor (Robert Pattinson), Best Supporting Actress (Sienna Miller), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Costume Design, Best Production Design, Best Sound Mixing and Editing, Best Original Score

Only-the-Brave-UK-Banner-Poster.jpg?ssl=

Only the Brave for Best Picture, Best Director (Joseph Kohinski), Best Ensemble, Best Actor (Josh Brolin), Best Supporting Actress (Jennifer Connely), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Film Editing, Best Makeup and Hairstyling, Best Sound Mixing and Editing, Best Soundtrack

maxresdefault.jpg

Marjorie Prime for Best Ensemble, Best Supporting Actress (Lois Smith), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Production Design

brigsby-bear-elokuvan-bannerijuliste.jpg

Brigsby Bear for Best Actor (Kyle Mooney), Best Soundtrack

b4H3XOPfB0RYUpJ4ElyI4jygkqzA6k4zCvMYIaBf

War for the Planet of the Apes for Best Picture, Best Director (Matt Reeves), Best Actor (Andy Serkis), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Visual Effects, Best Production Design, Best Makeup and Hairstyling, Best Sound Mixing and Editing, Best Original Score, Best Hero (Caesar), Best Villain (Colonel McCollough)

sony_featured_video_1400x526_baby_driver

Baby Driver for Best Picture, Best Director (Edgar Wright), Best Ensemble, Best Original Screenplay, Best Film Editing, Best Costume Design, Best Sound Mixing and Editing, Best Soundtrack, Best Hero (Baby), Best Villain (Buddy)

LoganLuckyHERO-735x420.png

Logan Lucky for Best Ensemble, Best Supporting Actor (Daniel Craig), Best Original Screenplay, Best Soundtrack

spider-man-homecoming.jpg.image.975.568.

Spider-Man: Homecoming for Best Soundtrack and Best Villain (Adrian Toomes / Vulture)

Well, that was much more than I was initially planning to post! And I see myself posting more in the future! Wow.

I do apologize if this really is too much at once for the award-runners.

• Like 2