Ezen Baklattan

BOFFY VI: Return of the Jedi - Ballots (pick one for each category, only rank Best Picture) Due 3/2 at 11:59PM EST

my best villain picks are gonna be

jason sudeikis, colossal (seriously the best)

kurt russell, guardians 2

danny huston, wonder woman

michael fassbender, alien covenant

adam driver, star wars

(BTW I'M PRETTY SURE A CHRISTMAS PRINCE DIDN'T PLAY IN ANY CINEMAS BUT SHOUT OUT TO THE SNOOTY COUSIN AND HIS GOLD DIGGER WIFE IN THAT FILM)

hero i'm going with

ahn seo-hyun, okja

tom hardy, dunkirk

tom holland, spider-man

porgs, star wars

cogman

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think our ballots are gonna be pretty much the same in that category though i'm probs gonna sub in black mirror for master of none.

I haven't dived into the new season of Black Mirror yet, but I've been hearing some mixed things. How does it compare to other seasons and episodes?

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I haven't dived into the new season of Black Mirror yet, but I've been hearing some mixed things. How does it compare to other seasons and episodes?

i'm not even finished yet but i'm into it. star trek shit with meth damon miiiight be my favourite episode.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm not even finished yet but i'm into it. star trek shit with meth damon miiiight be my favourite episode.

that one was my fave, I know ppl liked the dating app one more but nah

• Like 2

I am honestly a little disappointed that Best Overlooked Feature is not a category this year. Omissions of genre categories like Animated, Documentary, Foreign, Comedy, and Horror are also saddening.

Even if Coco would surely win Animated, seeing what else would get a nomination would have been a very exciting race.

While Get Out would have surely won Horror, people would have made it an exciting race, with other great horror films like It, Split, and It Comes At Night.

And Overlooked Feature is glaring because that helps some users find great lesser-known choices.

And no voice-over/motion-capture is sad too. We would've found people to nominate even if the year is a little dry, and even if Andy Serkis would've won in a landslide.

As a person that's been building his ballot throughout the year, the choice to cut so many categories is a tad disheartening. The whole thing feels hollow in my opinion. But it's okay if the award-runners don't want to add them back in.

• Like 2

Most epic box office run: Wolf Warrior 2.

Like...wtf.  Not only an amazing run, but a true showing of a market showing massive growth.  It doesn’t even look that good, but what does that matter.  Impressed.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

(BTW I'M PRETTY SURE A CHRISTMAS PRINCE DIDN'T PLAY IN ANY CINEMAS BUT SHOUT OUT TO THE SNOOTY COUSIN AND HIS GOLD DIGGER WIFE IN THAT FILM)

You're more committed to Rose McIver than I am apparently.

1 minute ago, ck5111 said:

best ensemble?

what does that mean?

Movie with...the best...ensemble.

Best: of the most excellent, effective, or desirable type or quality.

Ensemble: a group of musicians, actors, or dancers who perform together.

Do I win most snarky post?

• Like 1

I'll post film-specific FYCs later, but for now, I have two category-specific FYCs for categories that I've already decided on my ballot entries for.

FYC for Worst Picture

The Emoji Movie (Worst Picture)

Fifty Shades Darker (Worst Picture)

The Hitman's Bodyguard (Worst Picture)

The Snowman (Worst Picture)

Transformers: The Last Knight (Worst Picture)

Which ones are the most important to nominate?

Well, I am of the opinion that film enthusiasts have the responsibility to make it a guarantee that two 'films' in particular, The Emoji Movie and Fifty Shades Darker, are at least on the official nomination list for a 2017 Worst Picture category. I am sure that many would agree with such a statement.

FYC for Best TV Series

13 Reasons Why (Best TV Series)

Fear the Walking Dead (Best TV Series)

Longmire (Best TV Series)

Search Party (Best TV Series)

This Is Us (Best TV Series)

This Is Us is personally my favorite TV show of 2017. It does have a hard-to-follow structure, but it really is some of the most emotional and dramatic material of the year in any medium. Beyond the shadow of a doubt, This Is Us is the TV show that I recommend the most out of all of my nominees.

FYC for Most Epic Box Office Run

Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (Most Epic Box Office Run)

Get Out (Most Epic Box Office Run)

Split (Most Epic Box Office Run)

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Most Epic Box Office Run)

Wonder Woman (Most Epic Box Office Run)

Baahubali 2: The Conclusion did much better than most foreign films domestically, and I believe this film deserves some credit for that success.

FYC for Most Soul Crushing Box Office Run

Beauty and the Beast (Most Soul Crushing Box Office Run) - Now this is a cause I'm willing to support!

Blade Runner 2049 (Most Soul Crushing Box Office Run)

Ghost in the Shell (Most Soul Crushing Box Office Run)

Only The Brave (Most Soul Crushing Box Office Run)

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Most Soul Crushing Box Office Run)

It was genuinely upsetting when Only The Brave wasn't able to gross near its production budget, let alone match last year's Deepwater Horizon.