Ezen Baklattan

BOFFY VI: Return of the Jedi - Ballots (pick one for each category, only rank Best Picture) Due 3/2 at 11:59PM EST

ok here's my ballot for now.  will adjust accordingly when I see a new film that could make it on here.  also I'm probably missing a lot so remind me if I might've missed something important and I will tell you if you're wrong or not for assuming I would've included it in the first place.

BEST PICTURE - Blade Runner 2049, The Shape of Water, mother!, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Disaster Artist, War for the Planet of the Apes, Logan, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, Lady Bird, Colossal

BEST DIRECTOR - Denis Villeneuve (Blade Runner 2049), Guillermo del Toro (The Shape of Water), Greta Gerwig (Lady Bird), Christopher Nolan (Dunkirk), Kathryn Bigelow (Detroit)

BEST ENSEMBLE - Blade Runner 2049, mother!, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, It

BEST ACTOR - James Franco (The Disaster Artist), Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour), Andy Serkis (War for the Planet of the Apes), James McAvoy (Split), Jake Gyllenhaal (Stronger)

BEST ACTRESS - Florence Pugh (Lady Macbeth), Jennifer Lawrence (mother!), Saoirse Ronan (Lady Bird), Carla Gugino (Gerald's Game), Michelle Williams (All the Money in the World)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR - Daniel Craig (Logan Lucky), Michael Fassbender (Alien: Covenant), Christopher Plummer (All the Money in the World), Jake Gyllenhaal (Okja), Patrick Stewart (Logan)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS - Andrea Riseborough (Battle of the Sexes), Tilda Swinton (Okja), Ana de Armas (Blade Runner 2049), Laurie Metcalf (Lady Bird), Dafne Keen (Logan)

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY - The Shape of Water, mother!, Raw, Okja, Columbus

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY - Blade Runner 2049, The Disaster Artist, It, Lady Macbeth, Molly's Game

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY - Blade Runner 2049, A Cure for Wellness, The Shape of Water, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

BEST FILM EDITING - Molly's Game, Blade Runner 2049, mother!, Baby Driver, Dunkirk

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS - Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, War for the Planet of the Apes, The Shape of Water, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Okja

BEST COSTUME DESIGN - Blade Runner 2049, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Dunkirk, Darkest Hour, Wonder Woman

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN - Blade Runner 2049, The Lost City of Z, Murder on the Orient Express, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Brawl in Cell Block 99

BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING - Darkest Hour, The Disaster Artist, It, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Blade Runner 2049

BEST SOUND MIXING AND EDITING - mother!, Baby Driver, Blade Runner 2049, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Dunkirk

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE - War for the Planet of the Apes, The Shape of Water, The Greatest Showman, A Cure for Wellness, Star Wars: The Last Jedi

BEST SOUNDTRACK - Baby Driver, The Greatest Showman, Coco, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

WORST FEATURE - Bright, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul, The Emoji Movie, CHiPs, Rings 

BEST HERO - Wonder Woman (Wonder Woman and 100% NOT from Justice League), the Porgs (Star Wars: The Last Jedi), John Wick (John Wick: Chapter 2), Caesar (War for the Planet of the Apes), Cogman (Transformers: The Last Knight)

BEST VILLAIN - Jason Sudeikis (Colossal), Snoke  Kylo Ren (Star Wars: The Last Jedi), twin Michael Fassbenders (Alien: Covenant), Dr. Volmer (A Cure for Wellness), Will Poulter (Detroit)

BEST TV SERIES - lol tv

MOST EPIC BOX OFFICE RUN - It, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Get Out, Wonder Woman

MOST SOUL-CRUSHING BOX OFFICE RUN - Beauty and the Beast, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Blade Runner 2049, War for the Planet of the Apes, Alien: Covenant

FUNNIEST USER - Chewy, TheForceuser707, Slambros, Broadwayfreak66, CoolioD1

MOST VALUABLE USER - Telemachos, RTH, EmpireCity, Baumer, Panda

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

FYC:

Coco: Best Picture, Director, Best Original Score, Best Soundtrack

Just because you mentioned Soundtrack I want to point out

Since we aren't having an Original Song category Soundtrack includes original or non-original songs.  I know there were complaints about that last year.

So to clarify, that means it covers something like Baby Driver (almost all non-original music) as well as Coco (all original music).

Best Original Score is simply original compositions (that aren't songs!).  Coco would be eligible for both Score and Soundtrack though!

Edited by The Last Panda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Just because you mentioned Soundtrack I want to point out

Since we aren't having an Original Song category Soundtrack includes original or non-original songs.  I know there were complaints about that last year.

So to clarify, that means it covers something like Baby Driver (almost all non-original music) as well as Coco (all original music).

Y'all better make sure that if it's listed as "Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi" you don't count it towards the tally

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1