The Panda

INCREDIBLE: The Incredibles 2 #1 Movie of the Year DOM

Are you IN or OUT (Deadline to switch June 15$  

72 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you IN or OUT?

• JACK JACK ATTACK (IN)
    • CANT FIND MY SUPERSUIT (OUT)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/15/2018 at 12:00 PM

Out. Incredibles will do very well, but not that well.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:15 PM, pepsa said:

Good luck mate, would be totaly  nuts if this happens, 3 movies over Titanic DOM in one year.

Hell, I think that both BP and IW will probably end up ahead of Incedibles 2.

I thinik Panda is just talking the piss with 700M domestic nonsense.

Edited by dudalb

13 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Last day to join!

Got IN just in time for another easy win. :redcapes:

• Like 1

I think the film will do exceptionally well, and that with this club you have accurately pegged early on that the film will be quite a huge success. But I don't see it taking the crown for the year, so I think the club will fail (thanks to the incredible grosses of Black Panther and Infinity War).

I think Incredibles 2 would probably need to open to $190+M on opening weekend to have a chance of hitting $700+ million (and becoming #1 for the year). I really don't see that happening. So I'm out. But I hope you're right! 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 11:37 AM, That One Guy said:

Two movies would have to outgross Titanic in the same year :thinking: 

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

lol

I’m joining the Cameron fanboys, fuck box office tbh

• Like 1

Yeah, after seeing it I still can't join this but I can say it won't end up nearly as crazy as I once thought. 600+ should happen. 

• Thanks 1

What the fuck is wrong with you guys?  Is there something I’m missing and we’re suddenly gonna have this hit 600M+ without any real precedent for it to get there?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

What the fuck is wrong with you guys?  Is there something I’m missing and we’re suddenly gonna have this hit 600M+ without any real precedent for it to get there?

I'm guessing you haven't seen this movie in a sold out theater yet. Kids and families will go batshit for this. Kid appeal was always my concern here, but no longer. The first film has always had an unusually strong adult following for animation, so that non-family appeal was never a concern. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure I already said Out.

I can see 550M+

The superhero genre is on a hot streak. It’s a sequel to a beloved movie, that’s a guarantee for it to fully tap into them sweet nostalgia money of the older generations. Meanwhile, it will also appeal to kids of this generation. The animation genre also has been left barren without real big hitters for at least 6 months, the market is ready for a break out. 

That being said, $700M is too high a target. Summer weekdays will be great for I2, but I don’t think that’s enough.

Would love to see another 600M+ grosser though.

• Like 1

Out, 525 dom (may already have gone out before).

If I2 has to have Inside Out's 3.96x multiplier, that too as a sequel, will still need 177 ow to cross 700. 

Out. The Incredibles 2 will do quite exceptionally well for as a Pixar movie and as a SH movie, with a good shot at 600M. However, BP and AIW did very exceptionally well, closing in 700M DOM.

This won't even outgross dory. Incredibles is no where near as beloved as you guys think

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm guessing you haven't seen this movie in a sold out theater yet. Kids and families will go batshit for this. Kid appeal was always my concern here, but no longer. The first film has always had an unusually strong adult following for animation, so that non-family appeal was never a concern. 

they "go batshit" for lots of things, doesnt mean it is going to gross 600M. You do understand how much 600M is right? Just because we've had multiple films do it in the past few months doesn't negate how huge a film needs to be to reach that. even adjusted for inflation no Pixar film gets even close to 600M, even the most loved ones Toy Story. 

This happens every time.... its just unfortunate that the delusional predictions for BP and IW just happened to work out for once. It's never going to end.