the beast

Weekend Thread - Insidious 29.6M, Jumanji 37.2M, TLJ 23.7M, TGS 13.8M, PP3 10.3

I'm not as concerned for "Solo" because Ron Howard already has a Lucasfilm Classic:

Willow movie.jpg

Based on Summer Weekdays and opening Memorial Day, I like it's prospects.   Avengers 3 would have already been out 3 weeks at that point.   But yes this year has been amazing as far as 800+ Worldwide Grossers.   I think 2018 and 2019 has a lot of heavy hitters as well.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

You expect $640M Domestic, that would surprise me. I think it will gross less.

With RO's legs will add 59.3 more for 632.0 dom. I think it's heading for 625-630.

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

With RO's legs will add 59.3 more for 632.0 dom. I think it's heading for 625-630.

The MLK weekend hold will be very important. If it barely drops over the 4-Day, The Avengers is toast. If it has a mediocre/bad hold, that target becomes a lot harder.

27 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

I don't understand how you can expect that Jumanji will do more than 400 mln, it would have has more than 180% of NATM dailies, how can it be possible? 40 mln$ MLK weekend? 

Nothing is impossible with WOM breakouts.

• Like 1

http://www.boxofficereport.com/news/moviepasssurpasses1-5millionsubscribers.html

Press Release:

New York, New York (January 9, 2018) — Less than 30 days after announcing its milestone of 1 million subscribers, MoviePass™, the nation’s premier movie theater subscription service and a majority-owned subsidiary of Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (Nasdaq: HMNY) announced today that MoviePass™ added another 500,000 new paying subscribers since December 12, 2017. MoviePass™ subscribers can see a movie every day of the month for a low monthly subscription fee of $9.95.

“MoviePass™ is attracting people back to the movie theaters by lowering their cost, which we believe is transformational for the industry,” said Ted Farnsworth, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HMNY. “We believe the data MoviePass™ collects from these million and a half movie-goers will become an important asset to our partners and the future of the movie industry,” Mr. Farnsworth continued.

MoviePass™, led by Mitch Lowe, its Chief Executive Officer, worked with HMNY to change the MoviePass™ monthly subscription fee to $9.95 in August 2017 resulting in the service’s recent national attention and success in attracting new paying subscribers.

“Based on the dramatic increase in the number of MoviePass subscribers over such a short period of time, we believe MoviePass will continue to grow its subscriber base significantly,” said Mitch Lowe, Chief Executive Officer of MoviePass™. “We’re giving people a reason to go back to the movie theaters and they’re going in droves. With awards season here, we hope we can make Hollywood and exhibitors very happy by filling seats with eager audiences.”