Plain Old Tele

Important Staff Update -- "That'll do, pig... that'll do"

RIP @Just Tele. He leaves behind a tradition of like-whoring. 

On 2/8/2014 at 1:52 PM, grim22 said:
like whore 1  [lahyk hawr, lahyk hohr or, often, lahyk hooPosted ImagePosted Imager]
noun 
1. someone who runs tricks for "likes" (an online currency) shamelessly.

2. someone who posts genuinely engaging posts which stimulate discussion

3. Dialect , 'Tis that he's a like whore.

4. Telemachos  (pictured below)

Posted Image

• Like 5
  • Astonished 3

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Reposting old posts to get likes.  The lowest form of like whoring.  You know it’s low because I used that tactic earlier today and got like 10 likes off of it

Cheap post about like whoring just to get likes. Tsk tsk.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

• Community Manager
3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Calling out people's like whoring tactics just to get likes.  Yikes.  Almost as bad as hypocritical posts.

I don't post anything for likes. I don't need to when I have way more likes than posts. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

...my messenger storage is now at like 850% of the allowed limit.

Dang it.

Also, it's not easy to rapidly select a bunch of messages for deletion.

Dang it.

Are you sure? I just took a look at the message Inbox page, and it seems pretty functional. You can select them all, or filter by/sort by or search in different terms if you want to do some deleting. That's a very good message system.

1 minute ago, vc2002 said:

Are you sure? I just took a look at the message Inbox page, and it seems pretty functional. You can select them all, or filter by/sort by or search in different terms if you want to do some deleting. That's a very good message system.

You can select "All", but I didnt want to select them all. I can sort by replies, but then any action I take resets the list. A search function is helpful in other situations, but not here because I wasn't sure what term(s) I would want to search for. It also wouldn't let me mass-select past the first page. 

Part of this was my own fault, of course -- I never really bothered to curate it because I never had a limit. And part was because, well, there's a lot of random stuff I was PMed about. :lol: It's all cleared out now, though. 

30 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

Well, that was a trip down memory lane. :unsure:  DavidBrennan, Mattrek's asshole, TheCoon... and lots of other fun stuff.

Tele reading the messages from all those years

ziZDp9.gif

Edited by vc2002
  • Haha 3

On 1/5/2018 at 10:19 AM, MrGamer said:

This place is going to be like LA after the Lakers win a championship. 

Ugh, don’t remind me. I lived in Downtown LA when that happened (2007-2011) and it was fires all over the trash bins, rioting, looting, someone threw rocks through the Starbucks window in my building. Some of us residents ended up going downstairs to keep people away. It was chaos. 

5 hours ago, Just Tele said:

...my messenger storage is now at like 850% of the allowed limit.

Dang it.

Also, it's not easy to rapidly select a bunch of messages for deletion.

Dang it.

You now know the struggle of us mere mortals.

• Sad 1