Any thoughts on what the untitled New Line movie could be? Assuming of course that it comes out at all.

I don't think it's another Stephen King adaptation as we'd all know by know what that movie would be. Also don't think it could be something like a Lights Out 2 or A Nightmare On Elm Street reboot (same reason). Or that talked about Wizard Of Oz universe horror flick either.

I imagine it might be either an original, or.... and this is a giant or, but OR...... maybe the return of Final Destination?

Edited by MCKillswitch123

20 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Any thoughts on what the untitled New Line movie could be? Assuming of course that it comes out at all.

I don't think it's another Stephen King adaptation as we'd all know by know what that movie would be. Also don't think it could be something like a Lights Out 2 or A Nightmare On Elm Street reboot (same reason). Or that talked about Wizard Of Oz universe horror flick either.

I imagine it might be either an original, or.... and this is a giant or, but OR...... maybe the return of Final Destination?

The Gallows 2?

2 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

The Gallows 2?

Oh, I forgot about that. They even "filmed it in secret" and everything (not really a secret if it's out in the ether). Yeah, it's gotta be that.

Shit, and here I was wishing that found footage had just died for good (Blair Witch being the genre's last gasp). I can only hope that they took a lesson from Paramount when it comes to Cloverfield, and by that I don't just mean the "outta nowhere, it's THIS franchise again!" trick, but also doing away with found footage altogether.

6 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

I feel like Suspiria is going to be great, but people are going to hate it for being a remake of Suspiria.

Which is hilarious because let's face it, how many people have really seen Suspiria?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Probably be a Unfriended 2 due out this year also, Universal own the rights to that. You never know though, both Unfriended 2 and The Gallows 2 could end up going direct to streaming.

I think Unfriended 2 would probably be a Netflix release, more than anything. Even with Universal owning the rights, I doubt that they would want to put themselves out there for one of those again.

Gallows 2, considering how NL has that untitled September slot to put whatever they want, I think might land in there.

19 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Very good start for the genre this year! Insidious 4 is the first horror film to come out in the first weekend of January since Texas Chainsaw 3D did back in 2013! 

Um, Underworld, Woman in Black 2, Paranormal Activity The Marked Ones.

19 hours ago, baumer said:

Which is hilarious because let's face it, how many people have really seen Suspiria?

Not many, but i have. Its my 2nd favourite Horror film only behind The Shining. Remaking it is one of the worst ideas of all of movie history.