4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The Strangers: Prey at Night topped trailer views last week. The YouTube version has 13 million views.

Thanks to Wrath of Han for spotting it. 

Why are likes/dislike ratio so low? Did they advertise this on many YouTube channels or something?

That part at the end with girl in the tunnel the. the masked killer pop in was freakishly scary to me. I really liked this trailer and I loved the first movie.

On 1/9/2018 at 4:31 PM, The Stingray said:

You must be out of your ever-loving mind, comparing Wan to the master John Carpenter. Let me know when Wan makes a movie half as good as Halloween or The Thing.

read my post again. i strayed away from the subjective in comparing legacies (case in point your response).  :)

19 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I watched The Open House on Netflix.

If it was in cinemas I could easily see audiences giving it an F cinemascore. 

Seems like people are pretty angry going by IMDB/Letterboxd. I can see why.

2/5. 

I thought it was fun until the last third, then it completely fell apart. 

As far as 2017, Super Dark Times and Tragedy Girls are both worth seeing and a lot better than some of the mainstream fare. Super Dark Times has the most frustrating third act of 2017 for me though. It was going so good and they had to take it there.

I would love to see that director take on A Nightmare On Elm Street reboot. He knows how to create tension and uses surreal imagery effectively. The problem is where the story leads to when they had the opportunity to make it solely about guilt. They set it up, it was wide open and they missed an easy opportunity.

Nothing bothers me more when I see a film with potential blow it in the finale. Saying that, some liked the direction it went and I'd still say it's definitely worth seeing.

Tragedy Girls gets the tone right and can be mean spirited because you obviously aren't supposed to take it seriously. This is something The Voices didn't do properly a few years back. It's a solid horror comedy with good characters and performances. Did I want to see it end differently? Yeah but I get it and I thought it made sense with the rest of the film. Has a lot of references to recent cult horror favorites too.

As far as social media culture goes though....Ingrid Goes West hit it way more authentically.

Super Dark Times - B

Tragedy Girls - B

Edited by somebody85

On 1/6/2018 at 6:11 AM, Krissykins said:

Limited/High Profile Home Ent releases:

Jeepers Creepers 3, Leatherface, Raw, Cult of Chucky, Gerald's Game, Before I Wake, The Babysitter, Better Watch Out, The Ritual.

Before I Wake was 2016.

You're also forgetting a bunch of others including Thelma (which was freaking great), A Dark Song, Personal Shopper, The Killing Of A Sacred Deer, Super Dark Times, Tragedy Girls, The Devils Candy, The Blackcoats Daughter, Berlin Syndrome, The Void and a few more.

Edit: The Blackcoats Daughter was actually 2016 too. Damn it Looper.

Edited by somebody85

21 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Before I Wake was 2016.

You're also forgetting a bunch of others including Thelma (which was freaking great), A Dark Song, Personal Shopper, The Killing Of A Sacred Deer, Super Dark Times, Tragedy Girls, The Devils Candy, The Blackcoats Daughter, Berlin Syndrome, The Void and a few more.

Edit: The Blackcoats Daughter was actually 2016 too. Damn it Looper.

Before I Wake wasn’t released to UK Netflix until 2017 and US Netflix til 2018.

Unless you’re just using production year. 

Also, I said “high profile”.