Ezen Baklattan

BOT Golden Globes - Ceremony Discussion Thread!

2 minutes ago, Tree Billboards said:

"as far as I can tell" - haven't seen Lady Bird, or Get Out, or I Tonya.

And no, I wouldn't describe The Disaster Artist as a comedy, although it is very funny. Dramedy at most. 

The Disaster Artist is definitely a comedy, at least much more comedy than drama.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

find an old post that got a lot of likes and post it.

I shall not keep you long.

I have called you all together for a Purpose.

First of all, three and a half years is far too short a time to be an admin among such excellent and admirable people. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT. I regret to announce that — though I have said, three and a half years is far too short a time to spend with you as an admin — this is the END.

I am going.

I am retiring now. Good-bye.

I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Telemachos.

All of this to say: After some extended consideration, I’m retiring as a member of the BOT staff. I’m doing this to be able to spend more time with my family, and to have more free time for my creative pursuits. I want to thank @Shawn and @Coco Bottle for offering me the position in the first place; I got a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction from being able to contribute to this wonderful place. And thanks to all the rest of the staff @baumer @chasmmi @CJohn @K1stpierre @The Shape of Pasta @JJ-8 @aabattery @DameronRoc @DeeReyEgonnnnn — you guys are awesome and I appreciate all the effort you’ve put into the forums. BOT has grown tremendously in the last several years and I’m honored to have been a part of it. This is truly the best place on the internet to talk about movies and the numbers behind them.

Effective immediately, I’m stepping away from Admin duties. @The Last AndyLL @grim22 @#ED @Vanilla and @Impact will continue to be admins and I think they’re an absolutely fantastic team to lead us all.

So now, I’m just Tele the poster. My last formal Moderation request is to quote Bill & Ted:

Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!

Much love to all of you.

Edited by New Year New Panda
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

My hopes for tonight: 

No to Three Billborads

No to The Post

No to Streep

Pissed about Gerwig and Peele snubs but DGA and BAFTA can rectify that so I'm not worried for their Oscar chances.

But what about your enemy Chastain?

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

honestly having the sad emote be of Dr. Who makes me less likely to use it.  bring back sadben or find a better one!

star wars twitter released this still officially so i think it's time for the switch up to be made to this.

DSkAMWCVAAEAPig.jpg

• Like 7