MaxAggressor

Daily Numbers : Monday 8th January 2018, The Last Jedi 1.8 million

12 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

Rogue one 1.759 mln. So lj is on course to finish around 620, below avengers.

Difference between RO and TLJ - 1.5M available "free" moviegoers still aren't choosing it anymore than it was chosen last year...and they offer a free possible $21M in spreadable BO per day (although they likely only deliver $1-$2M of free BO on weekdays, that should still give a smallish bump per movie)...

RO's Tue jumped by 44% and Wed dropped by 31%. SW8 could do +50% and -35% going by increasingly Discounty Tuesdays.

Guessing Tue-Thu [RO in brackets]:

1.80/-73.5% [1.76/-72.6%]

2.70/+50% [2.53/+43.9%]

1.76/-35% [1.74/-31.4%]

1.67/-5% [1.70/-2.1%]

• Like 2

http://deadline.com/2018/01/moviepass-1-5-million-subscribers-milestone-1202239114/

Less than 30 days after hitting 1 million subscribers, Helios and Matheson Analytics’ MoviePass has now swelled to 1.5M monthly customers.

“Based on the dramatic increase in the number of MoviePass subscribers over such a short period of time, we believe MoviePass will continue to grow its subscriber base significantly,” added Mitch Lowe, Chief Executive Officer of MoviePass. “We’re giving people a reason to go back to the movie theaters and they’re going in droves. With awards season here, we hope we can make Hollywood and exhibitors very happy by filling seats with eager audiences.”

In a $1 billion holiday movie period where moviegoers are seeing anywhere from two to four titles in a two week period, Lowe informed Deadline in November that “We’re funded properly to pay for” the holiday box office period; that the run on the B.O. would not drain the company.

MoviePass has been met with plenty of skepticism by those in the industry, chiefly how the model of charging a monthly price that’s lower than most metropolitan average movie ticket prices can stay afloat (while the consumer pays only $9.95/a month, MoviePass pays full price for each ticket to the exhibitor). Largely big exhibitors like AMC are ticked off that an outside player is determining the new cost of a movie ticket in consumers’ heads. Studios are largely agnostic to MoviePass: The service isn’t taking any money out of their hands, and if they can drive more business to the cinema, then more power to them.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

TLJ seems to be underperforming on weekends, so if its matching RO for the weekdays, it will likely do under RO for the weekend. 

Keep in mind you said that last week and it has still yet to be beaten by RO daily, I'm not saying it won't happen, but you can't say told ya so if you have made the prediction 3 times and you got it right on the 4th lol. eventually, predictions work out, but I have no reason or evidence to support it will make less than RO daily. because it hasn't happened to this point.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

If actual will be 1.8, LJ will be on course to finish around 620, below avengers, if actual will be 1.759 LJ will be on course to finish around 620, below avengers;)

:lol:

Now that it's between TLJ and TA, I'm rooting for TA

• Like 1

Usually, I mostly discuss domestic totals,  but I am kind of interested in TLJ OS play, and this is an interesting thing coming from deadline, "Jedi is now running 34% behind The Force Awakens and 32% ahead of Rogue One at the same stage of overseas play. It had a better than estimated weekend session at $65.9M offshore versus Sunday’s $64.7M projection."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

I saw future and I can tell you that Disney movie will be winner;).

Rey:"When we touched hands, I saw the future, as solid as I see you. A Disney movie won the boxoffice battle."

Kylo: "I saw something too. A Disney movie won the boxoffice battle."

;)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

So when it comes to MoviePass, I'm still confused about how it works for the movie's gross? Are they saying it counts for whatever the ticket price at that movie's showing would be normally? 

Yes

• Like 1