Alli

Weekend Thread | 3-day estimates (per BOM): J 27M, TP 18.6M, TC 13.45M, I:TLK 12.14M, TGS 11.8M, TLJ 11.28M, P2 10.62M, PM 10M

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

BOP Long-Range Forecast:

12 Strong: 14/45 (+8%)

Peter Rabbit: 19/78 (-24%)

Black Panther: 120 (+33%)/335 (+22%)

Gringo: 3/7.5

Strangers: Prey at Night: 4/8.5

A Wrinkle in Time: 52/154

They've been promoting the heck out of 12 Strong in my neck of the woods (trailer has been attached to most movies and ads are constantly on TV). I wouldn't be surprised if it manages similar numbers to 13 Hours from two years ago.

36 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Why were people expecting The Post to play like Hidden Figures? HF is a total crowdpleaser while this is not or at least previews aren't. Moreover, it's tanking with awards while facing strong adult competition from awards favorites and Molly's Game. 

I imagine people think Hidden Figures light type run and not a 7.5 multiplier A+ cinemascore phenomenom.

Damn, oils like I overpredicted everything for Thursday (except Proud Mary :P )

I still expect Post to finish with mid 20's for the weekend. Commuter around 12-13M FSS, and Paddington 5M for Friday and we'll see from there

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

But it was three years ago, when previews weren't as common or widespread as they are now.

Still, it isn't like previews have doubled since 2015. Previews, while arguably more prominent now, were still a big thing in 2015

Hell, American Sniper did 5.3M that day

• Like 2