Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM Y3 - Advanced Schedule

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

We have to solve this IMAX oversaturation problem.

Part of it does come from the scramble to call dibs on certain dates asap. Everyone wants IMAX regardless of competition, merits of film, etc. So they claim a date and claim imax as quickly as they can.

• Like 2

Like with December it's a cluster. Presumably Prince of Egypt, Limitless, Scrooge 2 Boogaloo, and Mass Effect all want IMAX. The result currently is Prince gets stiffed, Limitless gets 1 week, and Scrooge gets 5 days (though I'd be fine splitting with cookie). It's not a huge mess in the end since Limitless and Mass Effect are first timers and Scrooge is safe from Cookie's inflation ;) but imagine if that Limitless weekend it was Spark 2. Could we really say that logically any other film would have a chance at IMAX in December, given the Spark 2 hype train?

So I think we need a more organized system where, instead of claiming it fast as you can in the advance schedule, we wait until after Part 1 is done. People submit the films they want IMAX for and the community together works out the fairest allotment. Since IMAX can make a bit of a difference here and there.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Like with December it's a cluster. Presumably Prince of Egypt, Limitless, Scrooge 2 Boogaloo, and Mass Effect all want IMAX. The result currently is Prince gets stiffed, Limitless gets 1 week, and Scrooge gets 5 days (though I'd be fine splitting with cookie). It's not a huge mess in the end since Limitless and Mass Effect are first timers and Scrooge is safe from Cookie's inflation ;) but imagine if that Limitless weekend it was Spark 2. Could we really say that logically any other film would have a chance at IMAX in December, given the Spark 2 hype train?

You know I moved Kim Possible to the week acter and gave it IMAX but I’m removing it

On 1/29/2018 at 4:38 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

S.W.A.T. Kats 2 in IMAX 3D - 9/6 (1 Week run)

Doom in IMAX 3D - 9/13 (1 Week run)

Mommy in IMAX - 9/20 (1 Week run)

Splatoon in IMAX 3D - 9/27 (1 Week run)

Solitary in IMAX - 10/4 (1 Week run)

The Haunted Mansion in IMAX - 10/11 (1 Week run)

Blood and Fur: Outfoxed in IMAX - 10/18 (2 Week run)

Don’t Let The Pigeon Drive in IMAX 3D- 11/1 (1 Week run)

F-Zero in IMAX - 11/8 (1 Week run)

Street Sharks in IMAX 3D - 11/15 (1 Week run)

Warlord Of Mars in IMAX - 11/22

Limitless in IMAX and IMAX 3D - 12/13 (1 Week run)

The Number One Dime in IMAX - 12/20 (5 days or split with @4815162342)

Mass Effect in IMAX 3D - 12/25

To further @4815162342‘s point, Look at the fall to Winter Schedule too. 

IMAX is a must/guarantee for

Lilo and Stitch

God Of War

Alpha Flight 

Pigeon 

Limitless

The rest I will give up. Meaning the May 10th and September 20th have no IMAX spots now.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

IMAX is a must/guarantee for

Lilo and Stitch

God Of War

Alpha Flight 

Pigeon 

Limitless

The rest I will give up. Meaning the May 10th and September 20th have no IMAX spots now.

In that case:

Splatoon - September 20th

• Like 1

I really do think this is just the rush mentality - grab what you can while you can regardless of what makes sense. Just last year I literally had to ASK people to add more IMAX to the calendar. Trying to incorporate it into this thread - where, again, half the movies never get made in a typical year - was a mistake.

Instead of waiting completely til the end of Part I, perhaps we should work out something for the really major tentpoles now, with a limit per member, and then say you can't claim it until a movie is actually finished for all the rest of them?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

Just what do we think is a good cap per member for right now, for this thread/the pre-fill on Part I? Three? Four? Five?

I only have 2 releases this year I'd intend to release in IMAX so any of those work for me. 

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I only have 2 releases this year I'd intend to release in IMAX so any of those work for me. 

Same. The Odyssey 2 and Fantasia are the only ones I intend to release in the format.

The Odyssey: The Counsel of the Dead - June 14th (3D and IMAX 3D)

Fantasia: The Third Dimension - December 6th (3D and IMAX 3D)

Edited by Rorschach

I'm really only planning to release a set amount of films each year. I got carried away in the 2.0 game thinking I could realistically get like 12+ projects done but that didn't pan out. I'm only planning to do something around 6 or 7 a year. 8 would be my max. Mostly because I wanna put thought and care into the stuff I write. 

So no need to worry about over-saturation from me. :)

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

How bout 4 IMAX guarantees for each player?

Kay then. We don't have too many players so that oughta fit.

In this case mine would be:

Biker Mice from Mars - March 15th

Cataclysmic - April 19th (shot partially in IMAX)

He-Man II: The Revenge of Skeletor - May 31st

Doom - September 13th

• Like 1

Lilo and Stitch - 3/29 - IMAX 3D

God Of War - 5/24 - IMAX 3D

Alpha Flight - 7/3 - IMAX 3D

Pigeon - 11/1 - IMAX 3D

IMAX Confirmed For Endless Entertainment 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord