kayumanggi

AQUAMAN | 813.4 M overseas ● 1148.5 M worldwide

Since everything else seem like is about to underwhelm or have an ordinary run,i think that there is room for MPR and Aquaman to co-exist in the holiday season.Eurooe might not be big in Aquaman hinself but they do like their occasional SH fix and still Aquaman is pegged as an adventure,predenting new worlds and great action sequences that need to be seen on the hig screen and that could help on curiosity alone.From then on word of mouth can take over.

Chinese Film Bureau wasn't ready to let so many import films open on Dec. Their original plan was putting some import films including one major blockbuster to the first two weeks of Dec, and the next half month could have been enjoyed by local titles. Alita was the first choice, but Fox changed it's date for unclear reason(their official words about getting Chinese New Year are totally bullshit, and I believe it is because this movie sucks). Then AQM and Bumblebee become the best choice. But Film Bureau thought Bumblebee is a bigger HLW film, and they didn't hope it would threaten local titles after Dec.14 weekend. Jan also need a big one to hold the market for keep increasing. So AQM get Dec.7 and Bumblebee get Jan date. But days later, Film Bureau changed their mind. They didn't want to protect those incorrigible local titles, and they want ¥60 billion for the whole years more. Then spidy animation, searching and so many titles came. But it looks like none of them could hurt or affect AQM.

Also I do really think AQM will become the first DC universe work to top $1 billion. It's that kind of popcorn movie like Furious 7. No unnecessary complicated plots, and keeping showing great action scenes with good pacing(I think that might be the reason why EC don't like it. action>>>>>>script). I think Asia & Latin American territories will enjoy it. They love James Wan's Conjuring & Furious. Especially Latin American territories always like DC & James Wan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

Chinese Film Bureau wasn't ready to let so many import films open on Dec. Their original plan was putting some import films including one major blockbuster to the first two weeks of Dec, and the next half month could have been enjoyed by local titles. Alita was the first choice, but Fox changed it's date for unclear reason(their official words about getting Chinese New Year are totally bullshit, and I believe it is because this movie sucks). Then AQM and Bumblebee become the best choice. But Film Bureau thought Bumblebee is a bigger HLW film, and they didn't hope it would threaten local titles after Dec.14 weekend. Jan also need a big one to hold the market for keep increasing. So AQM get Dec.7 and Bumblebee get Jan date. But days later, Film Bureau changed their mind. They didn't want to protect those incorrigible local titles, and they want ¥60 billion for the whole years more. Then spidy animation, searching and so many titles came. But it looks like none of them could hurt or affect AQM.

Also I do really think AQM will become the first DC universe work to top $1 billion. It's that kind of popcorn movie like Furious 7. No unnecessary complicated plots, and keeping showing great action scenes with good pacing(I think that might be the reason why EC don't like it. action>>>>>>script). I think Asia & Latin American territories will enjoy it. They love James Wan's Conjuring & Furious. Especially Latin American territories always like DC & James Wan.

Just to think that possibility exists seems unreal. Who would had thought it after Justice League?

8 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Is that sure? I do not doubt it, not a lot of reasons to release it, but with the relase falling into upcomming protection time.... we do not learn always the release dates that early

Hence why Aquaman got released that early in China

@TigerPaw Explain The reason Aquaman release So early in China.It's almost certain that Mary poppins won't release in China.SARFT already announce Bumblebee,Creed2 release in Jan.No Mary poppins.

Edited by bangbingchan

6 minutes ago, bangbingchan said:

@tingerpaw Explain The reason Aquaman release So early in China.It's almost certain that Mary poppins won't release in China.SARFT already announce Bumblebee,Creed2 release in Jan.No Mary poppins.

when you try to ping someine, sometimes you need to wait a moment after typing the '@' when very small window/mini-circling thingie appears I start to write the user name. If the user's name not marked, he/she will not get pinged @TigerPaw

Sometime I have to type the first letter

In this case the name had also a typo included

Edited by terrestrial
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, a2k said:

If all markets of AQM except China are same as JL and it does 250 in China then the WW will be 804.

That would be incredibly weird. It's totally going to outgross JL in NA by a lot. Reasonable to assume OS will scale somewhat with dom and China. 

Final opening wknd for in China came in at a huge $94.2M. Compared to other big films in US Dollars, it was: +52% vs +65% vs +69% vs +82% vs +103% vs +112% vs +146% vs

3 hours ago, peludo said:

Just to think that possibility exists seems unreal. Who would had thought it after Justice League?

Me, James Wan, holiday release date, it can easily be sold has a origin movie without any resistance to it from the DCEU previous affair, Aquaman being one of the biggest character.

1 billion it is Suicide Squad + a specially good but possible China run.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Olive said:

Taiwan OD 10% lower than JL

Taipei numbers

JL -8.27M lc

WW -13.9M lc holiday

Venom 7.53M

AM2 - 7.51M

Venom and AM2 finished higher than JL after a lower opening, so am hopeful that AQM will do the same, especially if December is leggier in Taiwan too.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, John Marston said:

Asia and Latin America should got nuts for this enough for at least 500m overseas

already happening. For whatever reason WW and JL both have made around 320m os without China.

For most buzzy mcu standalones that mark reaches around ~420-430m ala Suicide Squad.

keeping that and the christmas-ny period 320M os-china is the floor so this doing a 570M OS thanks to China's 250M cume is not that improbable and that would be enough to dethrone BvS OS.

But I think mid 600M OS is on the menu if it does what I think it should do, a venom like 370 os-china run.

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 2

12 hours ago, a2k said:

Venom and AM2 finished higher than JL after a lower opening, so am hopeful that AQM will do the same, especially if December is leggier in Taiwan too.

Aquaman open on Wednesday.WoM in Taiwan is also Very strong. 4.8/5 Aquaman should be Huge in Asian.China is just the first ride.Tide is coming

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 4

1 minute ago, bangbingchan said:

Aquaman open on Wednesday.WoM in Taiwan is also Very strong. 4.8/5 Aquaman should be Huge in Asian.China is just the first ride.Tide is coming

That's great news, thanks. 600 OS is looking more and more like a lock. Tough to see it miss 260-270 China and 330-340 OS-China. 650 OS, 250 Dom and 900 WW is reasonable.

43 minutes ago, bangbingchan said:

Fantastic, thanks for the update. Is there a Taiwanese website like Maoyan where you can track box office and audience scores?