kayumanggi

AQUAMAN | 813.4 M overseas ● 1148.5 M worldwide

Dom is indeed early to call. This weekend is interesting because rarely does a blockbuster open on Christmas weekend. Legs could be 4x+.

Also, depending on Australia's and Japan's performances, Aquaman OS sans China can match BvS. Brazil's exchange rates are iffy and I'm not sure about Taiwan's and Philippine's legs, but I think we're definitely looking at $700M combined OS. 

Projected totals:

China - $280M (extension is likely)

UK - $25M (it'll be tough but I think it can do it)

Brazil - $30M+

Mexio - $22-25M

France - ~$25M

Germany - ~$20M

Russia - $18M+ (could be higher depending)

South Korea - $30M+

India - $10M

Indonesia - $15M

Taiwan - $10-15M

Philippines - $10-15M

Remaining markets without any solid numbers or have yet to open:

Spain - $10M

Italy - $10M

Japan - $15-20M

Australia - $30M+

Hong Kong - $10M

That would be ~$570-590M from these top markets, with ROW bringing in maybe $130-150M+ more. 

Edited by VTKajin
  • Disbelief 1

From DHD:

Riding another wave at the international box office, Warner Bros/DC’s Aquaman scored a hat trick as the top movie for the third consecutive overseas frame. Reeling in $91.3M from 70 markets this weekend, the heir to Atlantis raised the offshore cume to $410.7M. Along with the domestic start, the global tally is $482.8M. That figure will reach the $500M mark with Monday’s grosses.

The James Wan-helmed origins story is tracking as the highest-grossing title in the DCEU at 22% above Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice, 52% above Justice League and 86% ahead of Wonder Woman in like-for-likes and at the same point in release. In China, the run continues to go swimmingly with a local total of $232.8M (RMB 1.6B). Jason Momoa’s Aquaman/Arthur Curry now has bragging rights to leading the 7th biggest import film ever in the Middle Kingdom. Majors Australia, Italy and Japan are still to dive into action over the coming weeks.

Edited by MaxAggressor
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Usually international in their articles mean OS

It would suggest that BvS had made somewhere around $240M in OS-C in like for likes at the same point, against $178M for Aquaman. All things equal it would lead to $320M for OS-C for Aquaman, but with Christmas and great WoM that is probably the absolute floor.

34 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Can anyone if check that boxofficemojo number for Netherlands wrong? It says 1 mil opening weekend for the movie but it has made 10 mil to date. Thats literally just one million less than infinity war. It seems wrong to me.

AQM's top 14 OS markets according to Gitesh (am guessing he may have picked markets above 5m),

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Can anyone if check that boxofficemojo number for Netherlands wrong? It says 1 mil opening weekend for the movie but it has made 10 mil to date. Thats literally just one million less than infinity war. It seems wrong to me.

The numbers also has the 10M figure for Netherlands, but it’s pretty clearly some kind of error. Netherlands isn’t seriously capable of a 10.5M 10-day cume,   I think the record is Skyfall with some 9.2.

13 hours ago, pepsa said:

It sucks that DOM didn't open a bit higher. Still a good OW but 10m more would have made it a lot easier. 

See ik that all Hobbit and 4x multi comp make the most sense but I just dont feel like a superhero movie which is well received by audience and just entering the heart of a long festive stretch ahead without much direct competition(I get the screen count part ok) will just wind making 50-60 Mill more than the likes of Venom,AntMan,DS and JL