kayumanggi

AQUAMAN | 813.4 M overseas ● 1148.5 M worldwide

We can look in other sense. Aquaman will end #20 WW and one of the 24 films which have done $1.1b, a not very exclusive club... but how many of the 19 films which are over Aquaman are not sequels/remakes? Avatar, Titanic, Black Panther and Frozen. Just 4 original films. So Aquaman will be the 5th biggest original film ever. Not bad I guess...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, peludo said:

We can look in other sense. Aquaman will end #20 WW and one of the 24 films which have done $1.1b, a not very exclusive club... but how many of the 19 films which are over Aquaman are not sequels/remakes? Avatar, Titanic, Black Panther and Frozen. Just 4 original films. So Aquaman will be the 5th biggest original film ever. Not bad I guess...

If Aquaman and Black panther are in that list than Avengers will be too. Avatar, Titanic and Frozen are the only one. 

The thing is expectations. Few predicted that Aquaman will do a billion. There are 10-12 movies that surprised by doing billion. It's completely subjective, where they rank it in most impressive performance but it is impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

If one billion is so easy then why didn't Spider-Man Homecoming do it? Why didn't Batman vs. Superman do it?  Guardians of the Galaxy 2?  Thor Ragnorak?  Doctor Strange? Wonder Woman? 

I'll remember this "one billion is easy" talk for future discussion. :lol:

At least certain films easily got over $1B+ WW. 😉

Two of the Jurassic World-films, two of the latest Fast & Furious-films, Despicable Me 3, Finding Dory, Incredibles 2, Black Panther, Minions, Skyfall, Toy Story 3, etc.

Those films seemed to click more DOM/OS.

Considering AQM is looking at 1135-1155 ww, even 135-155 from China instead of 290 would have given it 1B ww. And a 'normal' CBM run of 90-100 in China would have given it well over 925 ww, higher than most other solo hero CBMs and 50 over BVS.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

If one billion is so easy then why didn't Spider-Man Homecoming do it? Why didn't Batman vs. Superman do it?  Guardians of the Galaxy 2?  Thor Ragnorak?  Doctor Strange? Wonder Woman? 

I'll remember this "one billion is easy" talk for future discussion. :lol:

I will too. If Captain Marvel makes over a billion I expect the same response. 

• Like 1

Top 5 [OS-China] & [OS-China-UK] haul for solo CBMs:

IM3 – 684.6/627.6

TDKR – 584/493.7

BP – 541.9/471.3

SM3 – 535.3/468.3

AQM – 510/480

IM3 had Avengers bump in OS markets. TDKR was the direct sequel to a cultural phenomenon in TDK with a lot of pre-release hype, SM3 was Raimi's Spidey-verse in it's prime with Venom getting the top villain billing fueling a lot of buzz. BP & AQM's position in this elite list is extremely impressive.

• Like 2