MaxAggressor

Weekend Thread | Estimates per DHD (p.15): J 19.75M, 12S 15.3M, DoT 14.7M, TP 12.1M, TGS 11.1M, P2 8.3M, TC 6.8M, TLJ 6.5M, I:TLK 5.9M, FMG 4.3M

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This shouldn't surprise anyone, but The Upside, The War with Grandpa, and Mary Magdalene have been pulled from the schedule https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/weinstein-pulls-three-upcoming-films-release-schedule-1076188

I'm sure they'll make nice additions to the $5 bin at Wal-Mart when they surface someday.

• Like 1

Phantom Thread and CMBYN aren't selling so hotly around Orlando. The former is doing better than the latter, but I, Tonya and The Shape of Water are selling MUCH better at places like Disney Springs. Fortunately, they won't have to worry about losing screens and will get an Oscar boost next weekend.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Phantom Thread and CMBYN aren't selling so hotly around Orlando. The former is doing better than the latter, but I, Tonya and The Shape of Water are selling MUCH better at places like Disney Springs. Fortunately, they won't have to worry about losing screens and will get an Oscar boost next weekend.

The former is selling fine here but it's in smaller auditoriums (the latter opened at a bunch of places this weekend but it's been out in a handful of theaters here for almost a month now). It's definitely a big city film though, I can't imagine it's gonna make much of anything outside of metropolitan areas.

29 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Musical films can be a great success as long as the budgets stay low. I don't know why the hell The Greatest Showman cost $84m to make, unless the circus animals were demanding more money?

Well they did hire a visual effects supervisor to shoot the film. I'm guessing he wasted half the money on fancy close-up shots  or something. 

41 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Musical films can be a great success as long as the budgets stay low. I don't know why the hell The Greatest Showman cost $84m to make, unless the circus animals were demanding more money?

Annie an other recent musicals did cost 77m could give good clue on how the movie is spent in movie like those:

https://wikileaks.org/sony/docs/03_03/RISKMGMT/Production Files/Annie/Budget/Annie FINAL Budget(9-19-13).pdf

Major spending:

Story rights + writers: 8.34m

Producer: 2.75m

Directors: 2.7m

cast: 17.2m

Above the line travels/living: 0.6m

Production staff: 2.3m

extras: 1.55m

set construction: 2.47m

set operations: 1.94m

set dressing: 2.14m

wardrobe: 1.48m

Lights: 1.62m

camera: 1.76m

sound production: 0.600m

transport: 3.98m

locations: 4.47m

secont units: .93m

stage: 1m

SFX: 0.85m

Editing: 1.4m

Music: 4.3m

Post production sound work: 1.95m

post production film: .76m

insurance: 0.42m

screenings: .12m

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, grim22 said:

We will always have this

heres-a-photo-of-rooney-mara-as-mary-mag

:lol: At least Joaquin and Rooney found love...

29 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Well they did hire a visual effects supervisor to shoot the film. I'm guessing he wasted half the money on fancy close-up shots  or something. 

Weren't the animals in The Greatest Showman all CGI? Seems like that would be expensive.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

This shouldn't surprise anyone, but The Upside, The War with Grandpa, and Mary Magdalene have been pulled from the schedule https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/weinstein-pulls-three-upcoming-films-release-schedule-1076188

Fuck Wienstein but I was so hyped for War With Grandpa. And I've seen The Intouchables so many times I was looking forward to Upside

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Not that any of them would have been big grossers, but that does make an already bleak winter/spring slate even bleaker as far as total cumulative gross goes. BP has major work to do for this to not be one pathetic Winter cume. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1