Eric Atreides

West Side Story | 10 DEC 2021 | RIP Stephen Sondheim | Comes to Disney+ March 2nd

31 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

this chick is 17 and Ansolo is 24. that's a full Call Me By Your Name.

Shoulda gone with Chalabae instead. He's a year younger than Ansel, and he has singing experience.

(Gimme that "Not Cool" reaction Coolio. I know you want to)

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

With the cast quickly coming together that has to mean this will be made and released this year, right?

Filming is supposed to start in the summer, so I don't think it'll make this year. With In the Heights next year, 2020 will be the Year of Latinx Musicals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Filming is supposed to start in the summer, so I don't think it'll make this year. With In the Heights next year, 2020 will be the Year of Latinx Musicals

Spielberg works fast though. The Post and Munich were shot during the summer and made it to the end of the year. If they start shooting in June and get done by August I can see them getting it out in time for the end of the year even if only for a qualifying release ahead of a wide January opening.

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Spielberg works fast though. The Post and Munich were shot during the summer and made it to the end of the year. If they start shooting in June and get done by August I can see them getting it out in time for the end of the year even if only for a qualifying release ahead of a wide January opening.

Wouldn't there also be a lot of months with nothing but dance rehearsals and choroegraphy practice that could extend filming?

Still, I think it would also be a bad idea to have it out in time for Cats, even as a qualifying release. Maybe both can co-exist, and I'm probably overestimating Cats' appeal, but having two major Broadway musical adaptations out around the same time seems like a bad idea for both movies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Wouldn't there also be a lot of months with nothing but dance rehearsals and choroegraphy practice that could extend filming?

Still, I think it would also be a bad idea to have it out in time for Cats, even as a qualifying release. Maybe both can co-exist, and I'm probably overestimating Cats' appeal, but having two major Broadway musical adaptations out around the same time seems like a bad idea for both movies.

but would coming out the same year as in the heights be any better. I know ITH isn't as popular among the general audience but two latinx musicals that take pace in NY coming out within a few  months of each other will be interesting.....

Edited by ban1o

56 minutes ago, ban1o said:

but would coming out the same year as in the heights be any better. I know INH isn't as popular among the general audience but two latinx musicals that take pace in NY coming out within a few  months of each other will be interesting.....

In the Heights is also going to be the more interesting project imo

10 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

The Annie remake and Into the Woods came out a week apart a few years ago and seemed to co-exist just fine (even if the latter made much more money). Besides, Cats could very well end up being another Phantom of the Opera for all we know.

13 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

Is it wrong for me to think this'll come out maybe November or December 2020?

Hell, given how fast Spielberg works sometimes (dude cranked out War of the Worlds in less than eight months) it might be ready for this year although they'll probably hold off until next year since Cats has already claimed the title of being the big musical of this Christmas.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Hell, given how fast Spielberg works sometimes (dude cranked out War of the Worlds in less than eight months) it might be ready for this year although they'll probably hold off until next year since Cats has already claimed the title of being the big musical of this Christmas.

Christmas 2019 is already cramped without adding this film into the mix. So I think Spielberg could have post-production finished by February at the latest, but make this film the big Christmas musical of 2020. 

With that out of the way, maybe he'll end up filming Indy 5 in the interim.