Eric Atreides

West Side Story | 10 DEC 2021 | RIP Stephen Sondheim | Comes to Disney+ March 2nd

y'know looking at the shortlist for young Han Solo was when i realized that the amount of interesting male actors in their twenties these days is... limited. i don't even know who'd be good for this part. 

but what i do know for sure is that there's been a robbery.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Goffe said:

huh... and i thought elgort hate part was somewhat of a meme here, but turns out people really dislike him.

he's decent enough.

To me he just exists.

Neither adds nor detracts from the experience. Makes the weird hatred for him all the funnier to me.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Ansolo or anything but the hate he gets confuses me.

Anyway, he'll likely be decent for this. It's not like the role of Tony is that juicy (Richard Beymer didn't get a nomination for the original despite the movie winning almost every single Oscar it was up for and the role never got any recognition in its various stage versions either).

Edited by filmlover

5 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

This "actor" was so BAD in "Baby Driver". Even Eiza Gonzalez  just destroyed this kid in mutual scenes, don't even mention  Hamm, James, Berntral, Spacey or Fox. He spoiled the whole movie for me.

Not sure I buy that the lead of a movie with such a good multiplier, getting such review , A- cinemascore can have been so bad (depending of what people mean by that), he is without a doubt dynamic and was well cast (with the needed strange mix of being in an unconventional way tough enough to put himself in that situation but still feel like a little kid on the surface versus the Hamm/James/Berntral).

Or acting is just irrelevant enough that you can so bad has the lead and in almost every scene and the movie being a huge success without any franchise pre-awareness and on the word of mouth work....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Not sure I buy that the lead of a movie with such a good multiplier, getting such review , A- cinemascore can have been so bad (depending of what people mean by that), he is without a doubt dynamic and was well cast (with the needed strange mix of being in an unconventional way tough enough to put himself in that situation but still feel like a little kid on the surface versus the Hamm/James/Berntral).

Or acting is just irrelevant enough that you can so bad has the lead and in almost every scene and the movie being a huge success without any franchise pre-awareness and on the word of mouth work....

Yeah, yeah: critics, cinemascore, etc.

Here' the bottom line: Did you see the movie?

Edited by KeepItU25071906