Eric Duncan

West Side Story | 10 DEC 2021 | RIP Stephen Sondheim | Comes to Disney+ March 2nd

I wonder if they're gonna quietly release this on digital Tuesday. Tuesday marks the 45th day and if I recall correctly, West Side Story was among the movies listed by Disney to have  45 day window.

They need people to see this and at this point, it isn't getting its audience theatrical.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

6 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I wonder if they're gonna quietly release this on digital Tuesday. Tuesday marks the 45th day and if I recall correctly, West Side Story was among the movies listed by Disney to have  45 day window.

They need people to see this and at this point, it isn't getting its audience theatrical.

The streaming date for Nightmare Alley was already announced, and it was released after West Side Story. I think Disney/Fox will hold out for one last box office gasp when Oscar nominations are announced (February 8).

So, we're doing this again, huh?

They're getting ratioed, at least.

11 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

The streaming date for Nightmare Alley was already announced, and it was released after West Side Story. I think Disney/Fox will hold out for one last box office gasp when Oscar nominations are announced (February 8).

The writer dropped this tweet and left. 

• Like 1

Disney+ launch confirmed, but the only date is "over the coming months"

Over the coming months, Disney+ will also stream “The Dropout”, “The Kardashians”, “Pistol”, and “West Side Story”. These titles join a vast array of TV and movies available to stream, including “Dopesick”, “Only Murders in the Building”, Marvel’s “Hawkeye”, “The Book of Boba Fett” and Disney’s “Encanto”.

https://press.disney.co.uk/news/coming-soon-to-disney+:-an-exciting-line-up-of-unmissable-entertainment-for-everyone

They're gonna save it for after the Oscars since Free Guy is their big theatrical premiere for February and Turning Red (poor Pixar) is the main event for March aside from Moon Knight (which launches the second to last day of the month). That way they can promote whatever nominations/wins it picks up to go along with whatever pre-recorded videos they did with the cast to hype up the launch.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 1:39 PM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Well there is one difference;

West Side Story was very well received, critically; Nighmare Alley was not.

March 15th date for physical.

Disney+ should be around 2-3 weeks before this.

Oscars date is March 27th, so the release is being scheduled to capitalise.

300838_front.jpg?t=1643993410

Hideous Steelbook also available 

20220205_105039.jpg.3952722638d67eb4f315

Edited by AJG
  • Astonished 1

Only 3 other directors have earned as many nominations: William Wyler (12 total nominations, 3 wins), Billy Wilder (8 total nominations, 2 wins) and Martin Scorsese (9 total nominations, 1 win).

Edited by 35MM-18