Eric Atreides

West Side Story | 10 DEC 2021 | RIP Stephen Sondheim | Comes to Disney+ March 2nd

3 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Christopher Plummer aside, and even then he was only in the movie for about 30 minutes, has there ever been an instance where an actor, a lead actor mind you, full on gets replaced after filming was done?

Not that I know of.

I guess the total reshoot of Solo comes closest, but that is not quite the same. Bad situation for a movie I think was questionable from the beginning.

5 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Christopher Plummer aside, and even then he was only in the movie for about 30 minutes, has there ever been an instance where an actor, a lead actor mind you, full on gets replaced after filming was done?

Isn't Tony in the original film in it for less half the film? I don't remember him having a lot of screentime (I even think Bernardo and Riff had more screentime). 

11 minutes ago, Maggie said:

He's the lead in an already shot movie. They can't cancel the movie. It's directed by Spielberg and reshooting the film seems impossible with the corona wrecking havoc

Well they aren't going to go on an Oscar press your with a credibly accused pedophile

43 minutes ago, Maggie said:

The mainstream media doesn't seem to pick up the story. Maybe they think if they ignore it will go away

These are insanely serious allegations, what are you on about. You post some weird posts, but putting your head in the sand over sexual assault allegations because your favorite wannabe A-lister is involved is just idiotic

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

My question has always been:

Why remake a musical that already had a really good movie version?

Better to remake a musical whose film version left a lot to be desired;"South Pacific" and "Man Of La Mancha" are example of great stage musicals whose film versions were a long,long, way from doing them justice.

Anything Goes would've been an interesting choice (if I recall, neither the 1936 film nor the 1956 film have gone down as classics, so perhaps a third attempt could finally work), but it probably would've been too on-the-nose for Spielberg considering Temple of Doom.

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

These are insanely serious allegations, what are you on about. You post some weird posts, but putting your head in the sand over sexual assault allegations because your favorite wannabe A-lister is involved is just idiotic

I didn't say he's not guilty. I believe the girl. I'm just saying the mainstream media seems to ignore the issue

Wow. This is kinda huge. How can you think this will go away or major outlets won't pick it up is beyond me. Do you think she's some crazy person publicly accusing someone of something so serious just for attention?

I don't know how defamation lawsuits work but I assume the girl has at least something to back up her very serious claims even if it isn't enough to send Ansel in jail. Otherwise she would have been sued into oblivion by everyone and maybe go to jail herself, no? So I think she must have something which mean Elgort is over and so is the current version of West Side Story. They 're definately have postpone and reshoot his part.

3 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Wow. This is kinda huge. How can you think this will go away or major outlets won't pick it up is beyond me. Do you think she's some crazy person publicly accusing someone of something so serious just for attention?

It would quite something for a serious media outlet to publish a story about an anonymous twitter account without some validating work.

6 minutes ago, Joel M said:

I don't know how defamation lawsuits work but I assume the girl has at least something to back up her very serious claims even if it isn't enough to send Ansel in jail. Otherwise she would have been sued into oblivion by everyone and maybe go to jail herself, no? So I think she must have something which mean Elgort is over and so is the current version of West Side Story. They 're definately have postpone and reshoot his part.

I mean, false allegations do in fact happen. That happened to Johnny Depp and ProJared. I’m not saying this is false, but suggesting that any serious allegation of misconduct must be true, because you can’t imagine why someone would lie about it, is a pretty dangerous precedent to try and set. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

In how many state that a 20 year old sleeping with a 100% consenting 17 year's old would be an serious accusation of something ?

17 is considered legal in most parts of the United States, but it’s not legal in places like California. Still, she claims it was rape, so that would be a moot point. 

Edited by WittyUsername

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

Is it possible to CGI a new face on the body with the current technology? Would it be fine with SAG?

DfvP9h8WsAAr13V?format=jpg&name=small

First theatrical movie to make a breakthrough with deep fakes