Eric Duncan

West Side Story | 10 DEC 2021 | RIP Stephen Sondheim | Comes to Disney+ March 2nd

47 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It would quite something for a serious media outlet to publish a story about an anonymous twitter account without some validating work.

43 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, false allegations do in fact happen. That happened to Johnny Depp and ProJared. I’m not saying this is false, but suggesting that any serious allegation of misconduct must be true, because you can’t imagine why someone would lie about it, is a pretty dangerous precedent to try and set. 

yeah sorry, I didn't mean that it's definately true just because she tweeted it.

Edited by Joel M

here is how things will go:

Disney suddenly announce they just fired Ansel Elgort and will recast him in West Side Story. 

Ansel Elgort apologize on social media, say he did nothing really about crime but did hurt a girl's feeling because he is a asshole.

Everybody being quiet for a while.

Amblin tell Disney that Ansel Elgort is a member of big family and hope his parts don't get removed.

Every friend of Ansel Elgort prove he is a good person and hope he can still be in West Side Story. 

Warner Bros. employ Ansel Elgort to play East Side Story.

Disney finally admit they were wrong and allow Ansel Elgort to be kept in West Side Story.

Family Forever. (Sound familiar?)

tumblr_pdkdfughVl1r05bkco4_540.gif?w=605

Edited by Gavin Feng
  • Knock It Off 5

24 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Age of consent doesn't matter when it's rape, dumbass.

Who said that it was forcely rape and not statutory rape ?

Sorry obviously but reading her post there is no mention of force (or of the word rape), so I thought it was statutory (in a state like california that has no Romeo and Juliet type of close).

You think he would go in prison for rape if it would have been a 40 year's old woman, from that short testimony of the event ?

Edited by Barnack

This hasn't been picked up by any of the major news places (yet?) but is there a Baby Driver cast curse or something?

If they have to recast Ansolo (and the one year delay that would come with the reshoots), Spielberg will probably cast Lucas Hedges (recent Oscar nominee and a casting upgrade in general). Praise be that Ben Platt will be too busy preparing for the Dear Evan Hanson movie, at least.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

here is how things will go:

Disney suddenly announce they just fired Ansel Elgort and will recast him in West Side Story. 

Ansel Elgort apologize on social media, say he did nothing really about crime but did hurt a girl's feeling because he is a asshole.

Everybody being quiet for a while.

Amblin tell Disney that Ansel Elgort is a member of big family and hope his parts don't get removed.

Every friend of Ansel Elgort prove he is a good person and hope he can still be in West Side Story. 

Warner Bros. employ Ansel Elgort to play East Side Story.

Disney finally admit they were wrong and allow Ansel Elgort to be kept in West Side Story.

Family Forever. (Sound familiar?)

tumblr_pdkdfughVl1r05bkco4_540.gif?w=605

Not everything needs to be made into a joke from a previous situation just so you can think you’re funny and clever. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Don't think Disney can ignore this. They kind of did for Jeremy Renner (although it remains to be seen if he will back for the Hawkeye TV show or any MCU movie), but this is a more direct and even more serious accusation. And since "ansel elgort" has been trending on Twitter worldwide for a few hours, it may not matter if mainstream media follow up on the story.

A new CGI face might be too difficult, or banned by contracts. Reshooting most of the movie would be very expensive, and a sure way to lose money overall. With coronavirus restrictions it would also take a long time, or might not even be possible in the US before a vaccine.

Last option: Disney+ just got themselves a new high-profile exclusive.

Edited by MrGlass2

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

nobody cares outside of twitter. 

That's what i'm saying. It's Friday....this will be forgotten by Monday. I don't think Ansolo's PR team will even address the situation

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Considering that movie they made with Jeffrey Tambor in early 2017 has been sitting on the shelf ever since with no news of a release date, this isn't happening. They'll recast if need be, as expensive as it would potentially be to bring everyone back for extensive reshoots.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Amblin and Spielberg quit Bull last year because they sided with Eliza Dushku's allegations regarding Michael Weatherly sexually harrassing her, if I remember.

3 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Not everything needs to be made into a joke from a previous situation just so you can think you’re funny and clever. 

joke? I don't think so. Men in power positions especially a big studio can turn the story and make things look like everything is not wrong. And I'm not optimistic with the result(unless they can prove what she said was lie)

5 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

joke? I don't think so. Men in power positions especially a big studio can turn the story and make things look like everything is not wrong. And I'm not optimistic with the result(unless they can prove what she said was lie)

I’m not talking about them. I’m talking about you. 

35 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Who said that it was forcely rape and not statutory rape ?

Sorry obviously but reading her post there is no mention of force

A pro tip since you clearly need one: if a girl begins "sobbing in pain" during sex, it's rape.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Considering how Spielberg view streaming(like the period when Green Book vs Roma), I think he would rather spend more money to recast and reshoot.

• Like 1

Push comes to shove I presume they can put out a statement condemning Ansel, announce they're still standing by all the other cast and crew members whose effort went into the movie, release it as it is and donate most or all of the grosses to charities supporting assault survivors. Would save a lot of time, money and energy, that is unless Spielberg actively wants to reshoot the thing himself and/or the allegation turns into a charge and casts such a cloud over the movie in its present form that it loses any chance of making money.

• Like 2