Jump to content
Eric is Full of Pride

West Side Story | 10 DEC 2021

Recommended Posts

Did I miss something? What is the hate on Elgort (aside from that he has been a shitty actor in his roles thus far) on here and Twitter? I don't see any criminal proceeding against...? What is the issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2021 at 8:42 PM, Eric Bombay said:

 

Yeah, this looks rad as h*ck

Oh Steven, what a master of the camera you are...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 8:18 PM, excel1 said:

Did I miss something? What is the hate on Elgort (aside from that he has been a shitty actor in his roles thus far) on here and Twitter? I don't see any criminal proceeding against...? What is the issue?

 

Same old same old social media nonsense of trying to derail someone's career before any facts have surfaced. Ex-girlfriend of his is claiming emotional abuse or some such thing and people are up in arms because she was 17 and he was 20.

  • Not Cool 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

About that "planetary blockbuster", someone on awardsworthy speculates that it will be WSS. They say this guy, who's someone with knowledge of the festival, hinted at WSS in a tweet. It will be weird to have the premiere so many months in advance. Has it ever occurred before?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

About that "planetary blockbuster", someone on awardsworthy speculates that it will be WSS. They say this guy, who's someone with knowledge of the festival, hinted at WSS in a tweet. It will be weird to have the premiere so many months in advance. Has it ever occurred before?

 


I feel like this happens not infrequently, especially with Cannes and Venice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spielberg's had a few of his films premiere at Cannes*, so it wouldn't be too surprising if WSS became the latest.

 

(*The BFG, Crystal Skull, The Color Purple, ET, Sugarland Express)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw the preview for this last night. Still have no idea what the rationale for this is. They didn't change the time period, the archaic racial politics of it, the general style....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Saw the preview for this last night. Still have no idea what the rationale for this is. They didn't change the time period, the archaic racial politics of it, the general style....

By a preview, you mean they showed a theatrical exclusive clip or something? Or just the trailer that's online. Just based on the trailer itself, I think the style feels pretty different to the original adaptation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Chu > Spielberg at this point

i mean who is Chu not better than tho?

 

Spoiler

whatever your answer is (whoever may be replying to this) you are wrong

 

  • Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 9:18 PM, excel1 said:

Did I miss something? What is the hate on Elgort (aside from that he has been a shitty actor in his roles thus far) on here and Twitter? I don't see any criminal proceeding against...? What is the issue?

I agree. Can we please change the title of the thread to something less...scandalous? Especially when there's been no further developments since the story came out exactly a year ago. Let's not give the "#MeToo is the modern day Salem witch hunt" crowd any sort of ammunition thank you.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

i mean who is Chu not better than tho?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Jem and the Holograms suggests otherwise 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.