Eric Duncan

West Side Story | 10 DEC 2021 | RIP Stephen Sondheim | Comes to Disney+ March 2nd

I don't really get it.

Without the brown face and the comical gang-dancing the idea that West Side Story is about a lunatic girl trying to run away with a member of a white supremacist street gang seems a bit more apparent.

I'll watch the screener when it leaks but I just do not understand why this is something anyone would leave their house to watch.

2 minutes ago, vale900 said:

I don't get what is the audience of this movie. 

Me. Greatest musical of all time. Now newly adapted by the greatest director of all time. By miles my most anticipated film of the next few months. 

There is a huge audience for this. It’s the musical of all musicals. As for whether the older generations will show up during the pandemic, remains to be seen. But idgaf. Cannot wait. 

• Like 2

yeah the old generations, I know. Knowing spielberg this will have like an 80M budget so maybe it needs some target more.

West side story can be the musical of the musicals like Casabalanca is the romance of the romances but this doesn't mean people want to see the remake of casablanca.

Edited by vale900

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

I feel like this goes < Cats WW, but I’m too scared to make the club.

no 😄. On christmas it will make 50-75M, even 100 if it makes more than good in countries where musical are strong like Uk, Japan, South Korea. 

Edited by vale900

In the post before I mean 50-75M OS.

The WW total like 150-175 I guess and cause it's christmas. They really wanted to release it on Christmas. Every movie has changed its release going from summer to the fall, from the fall to the spring. This went from christmas to christmas 😄