Eric Atreides

West Side Story | 10 DEC 2021 | RIP Stephen Sondheim | Comes to Disney+ March 2nd

31 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah seems like it all blew over quick. people in the thread probably overreacting. they'll maybe keep ansel out of the press tour to avoid it coming up again but otherwise i think a minimal effect (btw i already wasn't expecting this to do especially well)

No movie for the rest of the year is gonna have much of a press tour aside from interviews via Zoom so it wouldn't be that big of a headache for them. But yeah, this won't have much of an effect, if any, on the movie.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

No movie for the rest of the year is gonna have much of a press tour aside from interviews via Zoom so it wouldn't be that big of a headache for them. But yeah, this won't have much of an effect, if any, on the movie.

yeah you know what i meant.

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

A delay was expected, but one whole year? It does make sense tho. This is a holiday movie

This is gonna draw a mostly older audience that isn't going anywhere near a movie theater in the foreseeable future, leaving this zero chance of succeeding. Moving it to next holiday season was the best choice they could've made.

• Like 3