filmlover

Best Actress Predictions 2018

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Her only movie this year is Mamma Mia 2 so don't worry, she won't be.

They still managed to nominate her for a golden globes for the last one.

My eyes couldn't roll any further back if they tried.

3 minutes ago, AndyK said:

They still managed to nominate her for a golden globes for the last one.

My eyes couldn't roll any further back if they tried.

It's obvious that she's barely in the sequel so the chances the Globes will go for her this time around are slim to none.

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Well, The Tale went to HBO, so Dern's out (now she's the Emmy frontrunner), but hopefully Mulligan and Collette can still stick around.

Collette's film is gonna need to be a box office smash hit for her to stay in the conversation with a summer release.

i mean it's tough. get out was that very rare horror movie that got universal praise from all corners. it was the best reviewed movie of the year and the biggest box office story of the year. even with the reviews if joe public comes out of this feeling like they did with the witch or it comes at night then forget about it.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

1. Amy Adams, Backseat

2. Felicity Jones, On the Basis of Sex

3. Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?

4. Toni Collette, Hereditary

5. Viola Davis, Widows

Backseat has to suck hard for Adams to miss.

On the Basis of Sex will probably be Focus' main push for the season, and Jones is playing a popular figure.

McCarthy's film has a lot of things going for it and is bound to have good numbers at the box office. She probably depends on what else Searchlight is campaigning for.

I'll remain optimistic on Collette for now, but yeah, if the GA hates Hereditary, RIP her chances.

Widows will probably be a big player, and this is Davis' first major role since Fences. Providing the movie doesn't suck, she can probably tag along.

This looks like a busy category right now!

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

On the Basis of Sex will probably be Focus' main push for the season, and Jones is playing a popular figure.

They also have Mary, Queen of Scotts which is likely gonna be coming for another nod for Sheesha. Focus has a lot on their plate this year between those two and Boy Erased.

47 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They also have Mary, Queen of Scotts which is likely gonna be coming for another nod for Sheesha. Focus has a lot on their plate this year between those two and Boy Erased.

Black Klansmen is going to be their main push. It is supposed to be one of Spike Lee's best from what I am hearing, and the movie is in the vein of Inside Man with a bit more grit, which gives it commercial appeal. Boy Erased appears to be their Victoria and Abdul of 2018. 

Edited by PenguinHyphy

27 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Black Klansmen is going to be their main push. It is supposed to be one of Spike Lee's best from what I am hearing, and the movie is in the vein of Inside Man with a bit more grit, which gives it commercial appeal. Boy Erased appears to be their Victoria and Abdul of 2018. 

Eek, not what I'd have expected from Joel Edgerton :jeb!: 

Picking Emily Blunt for Mary Poppins is poster with a Frozen avatar and 50 posts form Coolio, but otherwise those predictions look pretty damn good. If Beale Street Could Talk would be my early favorite and that part is good as heck.

Also, yeeeee Black Klansmen I can't wait. Spike's the best. I actually just rewatched Inside Man the other day, what a great movie. 

Edited by Cmasterclay