Eric Atreides

Jumanji: The Next Level l Sony l December 13, 2019 l 10th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

Man, this was underwhelming. Had its bright spots but it just felt like a slower and less involving version of the original most of the time. The third act especially is where it feels like it runs out of steam and the makers were out of many creative ideas. Highlights are definitely Dwayne and Hart playing DeVito and Glover and the ostrich chase, but other than that... eh...

Edited by cookie

I'm glad that all in all this seems to be recovering from the little scares it had before now - both critically and commercially. Looks like this will do plenty alright in terms of reviews and the OW should be right around expectations. Presales really jumped this week to paint a much better picture.

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

I'm glad that all in all this seems to be recovering from the little scares it had before now - both critically and commercially. Looks like this will do plenty alright in terms of reviews and the OW should be right around expectations. Presales really jumped this week to paint a much better picture.

May've spoke a little to soon.

Regardless, expecting $250M DOM $750M WW

It looks like the first social media reactions, which were overwhelmingly positive, have proven to be a false dawn yet again.

It's time the industry stopped these pre release screenings to selected critics, they are  just buying votes.

I'm still going to see it, cos I loved the last one.

10 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

OS-China would have to do a lot of lifting for 750 WW to happen with just 250 Dom.

250 dom + 460 os-china + 40 china = 750, compared to

404.5 dom + 479.6 os-china + 78 china = 962.1 for Jum 2017

with 250 dom, 300+ os-china is realistic imo.

250 + 310 + 40 = 600

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

That's still way better than the post China reaction. I'm still iffy on 750. But yeah 250/650+ seems very likely and profitable. Likely we get another.

8 hours ago, AndyK said:

It's time the industry stopped these pre release screenings to selected critics, they are  just buying votes.

Not sure why they would stop if it work, but 88% on RT verified audience score with and over 4.2/5 average score

AUDIENCE SCORE88%

•  
  •  

• Average Rating:  4.29
  • Total Count: 334

A bit early obviously, but isn't that quite good ?

4 hours ago, 1Robert1 said:

JUMANJI: THE NEXT LEVEL
$4.7M Thursday Night Debu

Have no idea what kind of multi this is in for. I want to say around 12x so this should hit close to $48M, however something is also telling me that it'll cross $50M on opening weekend no matter what. Either way, in the general vicinity of $50M is probably what we should expect.

8 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure why they would stop if it work, but 88% on RT verified audience score with and over 4.2/5 average score

AUDIENCE SCORE88%

•  
  •  

Below 90% doesn't sound that good for a sequel to a seemingly beloved movie. I would have expected 92% or 93%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

34 minutes ago, Barnack said:

AUDIENCE SCORE88%

•  
  •  

Under 90 hasnt been "great" since they moved to the verified system. 🤷‍♂️ not saying its bad mind you, but you'd think it would be higher. Hopefully it goes up over the next few days. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Have no idea what kind of multi this is in for. I want to say around 12x so this should hit close to $48M, however something is also telling me that it'll cross $50M on opening weekend no matter what. Either way, in the general vicinity of $50M is probably what we should expect.

12x4.7 is 56.4😉 even 10 multi will be great(especially after sony and boxoffice pro prediction under 40 mln).

12 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

12x4.7 is 56.4😉 even 10 multi will be great(especially after sony and boxoffice pro prediction under 40 mln).

Oops! What the hell is going on with my math?? Thanks for correcting me haha.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Under 90 hasnt been "great" since they moved to the verified system. 🤷‍♂️ not saying its bad mind you, but you'd think it would be higher. Hopefully it goes up over the next few days. 

I would imagine almost all the time movies goes down at this.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

I would imagine almost all the time movies goes down at this.

Correct, very few (and none off the top of my head) go up. 

I say that cause I could have sworn a couple over the summer did, but couldnt remember them. 

Edited by narniadis

33 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Lol after all the doom and gloom this isntuening out to be a hit and people are liking the film. Lol this site sometimes.

Guilty as charged. No matter how many years us box office enthusiasts have behind us, there's always more to learn.

• Like 1