Eric Atreides

Jumanji: The Next Level l Sony l December 13, 2019 l 10th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

So is the film definitely on track to release this Dec, Or is there still a chance of delay?

I'd really be interesting in seeing Jumanji vs SW part 2, not saying Jumanji will outgross Star Wars, just looking at how much of a threat it would pose, the dynamics back in 2017 was interesting.

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Unlike 2017, this will see Jumanji coming out before Star Wars. Im interested to see if that will matter at all or not.

At the very least, the second weekend drop is bound to be ugly. Spider-Verse had rave WOM yet dropped 54% against $113M worth of openers, almost all of which was direct competition (even Poppins was still a PG movie). Star Wars is likely to open almost double that number (Cats is probably gonna hit like 30M too or something). Feel like a 60% drop is the floor.

But I'm sure post-SW it can recover, unless Call of the Wild mania sweeps the nation. For the longest time, I've been predicting a Deadpool -> Deadpool 2 style drop, which would translate to about $355M

• Like 1

I'm thinking we get the first trailer for this with Men in Black International. It would be exactly 6 months before release, which seems like a standard point to release an initial trailer for a tentpole. If not, definitely with Spider-Man: Far From Home, which isn't that long after.

2 hours ago, TMP said:

Feels weird to see a movie licensed game again. I know there's a whole bunch of mobile games based on movies, but ones on home consoles are super rare. The last one I can recall was Ghostbusters about 3 years ago, and then...Wreck-It Ralph about 7 years ago?

14 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Feels weird to see a movie licensed game again. I know there's a whole bunch of mobile games based on movies, but ones on home consoles are super rare. The last one I can recall was Ghostbusters about 3 years ago, and then...Wreck-It Ralph about 7 years ago?

The Mummy, Planet of the apes, Cars, Friday the 13th all got some since Ghostbuster. Mad Max was a "big one" in 2015, Amazing Spider Man also and the Lego movies game.

Now a day, home console probably mean very little (considering the buying of games is online and often a low price exactly like on a mobile).

Edited by Barnack