Eric Atreides

Jumanji: The Next Level l Sony l December 13, 2019 l 10th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

First one opened with 36M. This one opens a week early when business is not that busy. It's all about legs

1st one had burnt off 16.6m worth of demand on wed-thu and pre-previews, and had that backloading too.

but on the other-hand that one had curiosity factor that this may not have, and folks may wait to gauge reception before committing to buy tickets.

Edited by a2k

I don't know why several people have said this looks awful. I think it looks just as fun as the first, if not more! To to mention funny. The Rock channelling Danny DeVito looks like a hoot!

Seeing it on Saturday the 14th with the family!

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I don't know why several people have said this looks awful. I think it looks just as fun as the first, if not more! To to mention funny. The Rock channelling Danny DeVito looks like a hoot!

Seeing it on Saturday the 14th with the family!

Agree 100%. I’m seeing it the same day with the family as well. Looks like another fun movie. 

6 hours ago, narniadis said:

Didnt make 1B the last time so we shall see. And doing as well overseas is one thing, making up for a fall domestically is another. 

600 ww is more likely than 1B. probably in between

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I think 700-800M ww would be a good target. There is no way it can repeat magic of first one at the box office. That movie did the maximum possible business worldwide. No room for growth.

Yeah that's the way I see it. It hit the jackpot with the toxic TLJ reactions. Not that it didn't do well on its own merit but if it did what it did at the box office entirely on its own, well, it would be tracking for a much bigger opening. The drop this is going to see from the last one is the same kinda thing people ragged on Star Wars for when TLJ was way down from TFA.

This should be doing at least a $60M OW due to how beloved its predecessor was. It's odd, really.

Night At the museum kinda scenario.

7 hours ago, JB33 said:

Yeah that's the way I see it. It hit the jackpot with the toxic TLJ reactions. Not that it didn't do well on its own merit but if it did what it did at the box office entirely on its own, well, it would be tracking for a much bigger opening. The drop this is going to see from the last one is the same kinda thing people ragged on Star Wars for when TLJ was way down from TFA.

This should be doing at least a $60M OW due to how beloved its predecessor was. It's odd, really.

23 hours ago, Krissykins said:

They’re doing an ATOM deal already 

I can't find that one - can you share b/c I'd probably jump on a good enough deal now:)...

EDIT: All I saw was the ridiculous contest:)...that's not a "jump on this" promo...

Edited by TwoMisfits

wondering what's the lowest this can go (jum2 in brackets)

225 dom (404.5) + 275 os-ch (480) + 85 ch (78) = 585 ww (962.5)

225*0.55 + 275*0.40 + 85*0.25 = 255 global theatricals on 100 prod budget

gonna make big profits even with an under-performance