Eric Atreides

Jumanji: The Next Level l Sony l December 13, 2019 l 10th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

21 hours ago, JB33 said:

I'm guessing Monday will be between $4.7M and $4.8M. What's it looking like to you @Jedi Jat and @keysersoze123?

Welp....so much for that. I used The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse as comps. Big mistake.

Hoping for a huge Tuesday increase. If so, we may as well treat this like an animated film.

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Welp....so much for that. I used The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse as comps. Big mistake.

Hoping for a huge Tuesday increase. If so, we may as well treat this like an animated film.

Smaug isnt a good comp for many reasons not the least of which was adult skew which also initially effected Spidey. Not sure what was up last year since Spidey and Grinch both had better than usual holds... 

That being said, I had hoped for 4m Monday so I understand the disappointment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Jumanji is GREAT!  Whole family loved it.  I feel confident to say that next week should be a very good week+ for the movie...

Trying to figure out how to see it (and SW) over the holiday but not sure if we can. Family being in and lack of baby sitter makes it more difficult lol. Glad to hear yall enjoyed it!

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Trying to figure out how to see it (and SW) over the holiday but not sure if we can. Family being in and lack of baby sitter makes it more difficult lol. Glad to hear yall enjoyed it!

I'd pick this one over TROS - both my spouse and I and my teen girls gave it A-s...funnier than the 1st, which was quite the feat.  Boys also loved it (giving it their A+s).  This is the 1st family movie in a LOOONG time my spouse wasn't trashing:)...

PS - Without spoiling, all the new cast are well cast and brought amazing freshness to the movie:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'd pick this one over TROS - both my spouse and I and my teen girls gave it A-s...funnier than the 1st, which was quite the feat.  Boys also loved it (giving it their A+s).  This is the 1st family movie in a LOOONG time my spouse wasn't trashing:)...

PS - Without spoiling, all the new cast are well cast and brought amazing freshness to the movie:)...

Yeah you can't go wrong with Jumanji as a family movie for the holidays. Agree with your response completely - incredibly fun and funny and love the cast additions!

• Like 2

With all that said, The Rock’s latest film seems destined for greatness. Frozen II just achieved $1 billion worldwide, and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker may get there in just a couple weeks. But rest assured, it seems your next $1 billion movie after that will be Jumanji: The Next Level.

With over 20 weeks ahead of itself in American theaters, The Next Level can look to do nearly $500 million at the domestic box office.

:wintf:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbean/2019/12/17/jumanji-the-next-level-the-latest-billion-dollar-movie/#568441e97cf6

Is this early April Fool, or what?

• Haha 1

On 12/18/2019 at 1:46 AM, 1Robert1 said:

With all that said, The Rock’s latest film seems destined for greatness. Frozen II just achieved $1 billion worldwide, and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker may get there in just a couple weeks. But rest assured, it seems your next $1 billion movie after that will be Jumanji: The Next Level.

With over 20 weeks ahead of itself in American theaters, The Next Level can look to do nearly $500 million at the domestic box office.

:wintf:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbean/2019/12/17/jumanji-the-next-level-the-latest-billion-dollar-movie/#568441e97cf6

Is this early April Fool, or what?

WTF?? That....that isnt even professional.

Dwayne Johnson slipped up, departing from his "nice guy" act, to deliver a VENOMOUS message to his critics 😂. Huh huh huh 😂...huh huh huh 😂...

"I have a few detractors.
We all do.
But here’s the thing - envious and insecure people can’t break they what they didn’t build.
So let the haters keep being noisy and jealous, while we keep quietly building with a smile"

huh huh huh 😂...

Edited by OdinSon2k14

8 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Dwayne Johnson slipped up, departing from his "nice guy" act, to deliver a VENOMOUS message to his critics 😂. Huh huh huh 😂...huh huh huh 😂...

"I have a few detractors.
We all do.
But here’s the thing - envious and insecure people can’t break they what they didn’t build.
So let the haters keep being noisy and jealous, while we keep quietly building with a smile"

huh huh huh 😂...

You sounding a little Beavisy there, man. Don't ever go full Beavis 😛

I thought it's always been establish that the Rock doesn't care for film critics.

17 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

You sounding a little Beavisy there, man. Don't ever go full Beavis 😛

I thought it's always been establish that the Rock doesn't care for film critics.

No, he's not talking about just film critics 😂. Critics in GENERAL, huh huh huh 😂!

By gosh, the Sony strategy has worked again - release a Jumanji film in the face of Star Wars, and then watch it just leg and leg and leg its way to massively profitable box office.

I wonder what day will be the first that JTNL out-earns TROS in daily domestic box office? Maybe next Saturday?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

By gosh, the Sony strategy has worked again - release a Jumanji film in the face of Star Wars, and then watch it just leg and leg and leg its way to massively profitable box office.

I wonder what day will be the first that JTNL out-earns TROS in daily domestic box office? Maybe next Saturday?

This Tuesday will be first discount day i wonder how it will affect JTNL&TROS.