aabattery

Terminal | 11th May, 2018 | Thriller from Margot Robbie, Simon Pegg, Mike Myers but NO TOM HANKS

2 hours ago, Tree Billboards said:

According to IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2494362/?ref_=nv_sr_1 - it was released 19 Feb 2016. You can't click on the release date to see international dates so maybe it only had a theatrical release in the UK?

Looking at data for that weekend, it opened at #33, grossed £29,465, and was released in 52 cinemas. 52 is an okay number, a big release gets 600, compare that to 4000 in the US and thats the equivalent of 350 cinemas in the US. A poor performance but not an insignificant release in terms of screens.

I believe it was a stream/VOD release here in the US

On 24/01/2018 at 2:28 PM, Jay Beezy said:

Someone on HSX pointed out that this studio has put out nine films so far and none have reported box office so it doesn’t quite bode well for this movie. ‘Tis a shame. Margot Robbie as a femme fatale is a home run in my eyes. She’s my very close number two behind my goddess.

She's also a producer on this, so maybe it gets a little more traction than their others films had.

On 3/21/2018 at 7:34 PM, AJG said:

This is going straight to VOD/DVD over here...

Looking at the trailer (too limited budget for what is attempted is really showing here) and the US distributor:

http://www.metacritic.com/company/rlj-entertainment

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/distributor/RLJ-Entertainment

Total Movies: 26   Total Gross: $0  

I think some of those went in theater in some form but just not tracked, but still....

Could be close to that in the US also, even when they had something really good like Bone Tomahawk it was really a limited release I think.

20 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The 'Berg wins again

A movie with that cast that go bought by Image Entertainment and Arrow Film... bad reviews are really surprising.

9 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

M.R will be forgotten in 3 years

Bold prediction considering that about when we will get a suicide squad 2 no ? That movie was made before Suicide Squad released.

Edited by Barnack