La Binoche

A24's HEREDITARY

55 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

That's a very smart time to release this. It'll be opening against Ocean's Eight in the sparse first weeks of June.  And in terms of horror features, Slenderman will have bombed three weeks prior, and The Nun won't be out in theaters for a full month. The geniuses at A24 have positioned this film to perform as well as it can amidst the Avengers, Deadpool, Solo, Incredibles, and Jurassic World onslaught.

Just now, slambros said:

That's a very smart time to release this. It'll be opening against Ocean's Eight in the sparse first weeks of June.  And in terms of horror features, Slenderman will have bombed three weeks prior, and The Nun won't be out in theaters for a full month. The geniuses at A24 have positioned this film to perform as well as it can amidst the Avengers, Deadpool, Solo, Incredibles, and Jurassic World onslaught.

Really? I feel like a horror movie with a female protagonist is going to lose out on female audiences who will choose Ocean's 8 instead. 

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Really? I feel like a horror movie with a female protagonist is going to lose out on female audiences who will choose Ocean's 8 instead. 

You may be right. I do think horror films usually attract a diverse crowd, and I do think the family of the film acts as the protagonist with Toni Colette's role being the most prominent, but I do think Ocean's Eight will be tough competition in its own right. Even I wanna see that film, and I'm not that much of an Ocean's fan.

But people still have different interests. And if there's anything the past few weeks have taught us with Jumanji and The Greatest Showman, it's that smart counterprogramming can pay off bigtime.

Edited by slambros

5 hours ago, Gamera said:

I'd be thrilled if this is as good as The Witch.

But I'm really hoping this isn't another Babadook or It Comes At Night, where there's absolutely nothing scary in the entire film and nothing really supernatural going on.

I read the script and it's not a spoiler when I say there is a SHIT TON of supernatural stuff going on. 

• Like 3

it looks good but i guess it's true A24 really only know how to market to the indie crowd "an unsettling look at what demons we may have inherited from our parents" is a terrible review quote! that's your first pull? there were for sure better ones.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it looks good but i guess it's true A24 really only know how to market to the indie crowd "an unsettling look at what demons we may have inherited from our parents" is a terrible review quote! that's your first pull? there were for sure better ones.

"A meditative poem about the enormity of time" 

• Haha 2