Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

9 minutes ago, Alli said:

EOT is awesome movie. Doing a sequel is another awful idea. Cruise is stuck doing these sequels/remakes. He's lacking career vision.

I predict this will be Mummy bad.

see i thought the mummy is gonna be terrible from the beginning.Why ? coz Alex Kurtzman.He is an all-time hack writer and The Mummy was his first big budgeted movie.he really doesn't have much talent as writer or director.Joseph kosinski is a much  much better director.sure his first two movies were a mess script wise but they were still compelling in many ways.only the brave had a pretty good script and was  a well acted good movie.it's hard to imagine him making a  Mummy level catastrophe.we have to wait and see i suppose...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

that one person's opinion. i think most superhero films are lame and they make money. Bad ones like Venom and Aquaman make bank.

eh it's just not this person tho. there was that one a few weeks back who said people at Cine Europe hated the trailer.

I read on another forum what the movie is supposed to be about. sounds like an action movie.

1 minute ago, Tim Hetmyer said:

what did the forum say it was about? let's see if the premise itself is rotten that there is no fixing..

Spoiler
Apparently this one is pretty different from the first, plot-wise. The primary plot, though, last I heard, is Goose's son (played by Miles Teller) goes down behind enemy lines and then it's up to Cruise & co to rescue him somehow. I have no idea how or by what means, but I think that's the basic gist of it.

Edited by Alli

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

eh it's just not this person tho. there was that one a few weeks back who said people at Cine Europe hated the trailer.

The same event where it got reported that people were amazed at the footage? Who's right?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alli said:
  Hide contents
Apparently this one is pretty different from the first, plot-wise. The primary plot, though, last I heard, is Goose's son (played by Miles Teller) goes down behind enemy lines and then it's up to Cruise & co to rescue him somehow. I have no idea how or by what means, but I think that's the basic gist of it. 

Hard to make judgment on that but it seems like it could be engaging but predictable story.maybe the guy thought it was 'Lame' because it goes for an overly patriotic rah-rah tone ?those things don't bother me much tbh;and US general movie going public also loves that kind of stuff.it's just that in internet circles it is heavily despised.

6 hours ago, Alli said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just catching up with these tidbits of news over the last couple of months. I would like to add one thing to this potential plot, which is that it makes sense as a direction. 

The original was a drama with a few short action scenes. Dramas are generally not big box office nowadays, so I can understand why they'd push for a story that requries more action. Cruise also seems to be addicted to action movies in this phase of his career. 

Also, since it's presumably set in 2019, we simply don't have dogfights like that anymore. If the movie is showing that drones have taken over from pilots in the sky battles, a rescue mission is one of the scenarios where a pilot is required instead of a drone. 

Then there's also the chance they are exaggerating the action for this teaser. We've seen pics of Cruise and Connelly so there is definitely some element of romance and drama. 

I'm hopeful there's enough big stunts and cool marketing to still get good will and positivity for this movie. However I am starting to worry that they haven't leaned into it's 80's roots enough.

1 hour ago, Alli said:

Trailer in less than two hours...:stirthepot:

It would be extremely stupid to release any footage so far out. No way they will be able to sustain that hype/buzz. December would be best time to start marketing else they can expect a bomb worse than Godzilla king of monsters.

5 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

It would be extremely stupid to release any footage so far out. No way they will be able to sustain that hype/buzz. December would be best time to start marketing else they can expect a bomb worse than Godzilla king of monsters.

it's releasing just after the Terminator panel. as a surprise. i agree, it's a bad idea, but that's Paramount for ya

Edited by Alli

decent trailer, obviously a lot based on the original, as it should for a first trailer.  Yeah could have been much worse so I'll give it credit for not sucking :P