Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

14 minutes ago, Alli said:

for anyone that is under 40 and has not seen the original, this trailer is not hitting them in the feels.

why are you so negative? what's wrong with making a sequel for fans of original. they can make a sequel like Dark Fate to appeal to younger crowd and look like shit in process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, Alli said:

for anyone that is under 40 and has not seen the original, this trailer is not hitting them in the feels.

Maybe, but they’ll come to be part of the conversation and see Tom do his mission impossible thing in fighter jets. 

52 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

why are you so negative? what's wrong with making a sequel for fans of original. they can make a sequel like Dark Fate to appeal to younger crowd and look like shit in process.

Alli hates Tom Cruise movies, he was doing the same schtick when Fallout was about to open

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic trailer for fans of the original. Online attention is even better than I hoped. I think the next trailer should step away from that a bit and show more of the plot. Miles Teller apparently has a pretty crucial role but this didn't touch that at all.

12 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Looks decent but I do think it may struggle box office wise especially if there is no romance in the film.

That's what Jennifer Connelly is there for ;) 

7 hours ago, Mekanos said:

I'm 28 and have zero nostalgia for Top Gun. Really good trailer though.

Not sure what to predict for box office. This will skew hardcore to 40s and over. OG Top Gun was a big hit, adjusted it's around 430M DOM.

Yes, it will be interesting to see if they can pull in a younger audience. Cruise does struggle a little outside of the MI series recently, even with solid projects. But with the stunts and big promotion, this could get a real must see vibe, similar to what the posters for MI Ghost Protocol did with the Burj Khalifa. 

Top Gun is a VERY, VERY important movie.

Basically created the Tom Cruise movie and persona.

Influenced a certain filmmaker that fapped to Top Gun frenetically in his formative years, David Fincher would tell you the stories ...

That filmmaker is now considered a director God by the Elite People of this World.

7 hours ago, TMP said:

Alli hates Tom Cruise movies, he was doing the same schtick when Fallout was about to open

I don't think Alli hates Tom Cruise movies so much as he's self loathing to the point that he can't allow an ounce of happiness about them.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, TMP said:

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I don't think Alli hates Tom Cruise movies so much as he's self loathing to the point that he can't allow an ounce of happiness about them.

SHE, tyvm

21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

this movie is 2 decades too late. Will pull in a Mummy from BO perspective. Asia will rescue otherwise mediocre BO.

Good luck pulling in the Asian markets with a film like Top Gun: Maverick. It's a film that is fairly obviously aimed at an American audience and will need to speak to the American audience to succeed.