Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

is there anything opening on the 19th of June? Feels weird not to take advantage of Father's Day weekend. Would probably increase 50% on that Sunday

Seriously. This movie screams fathers day. Especially all of the dads who saw when they were a kid.

They've already sold the cool factor of Cruise doing his own stunts. Now, they need to sell this as the perfect marriage of technology between state of the art cinema and a front row seat into one of the most thrilling experiences of modern human engineering. I know Dunkirk did a damn fine job, but this is like a well oiled machine compared to Dunkirk's classical aviation.

Yes, it's a throwback. There's the tint of nostalgia, but they need to ensure that the audience knows that what they're providing is a considerable leap from Tom pretending to be flying in a fake cockpit while the camera shakes around to give the illusion of movement. That's not a knock against the original. I love the original in all of its cheesy chest bumping glory. It's just we have different demands these days.

Edited by ThePhasmid

27 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Gotta chase that Chinese market money, can't risk offending Winnie the Pooh. 🤨

Also Tencent is one of the producers on the movie so figures. 

Comments under that twitter post also point out that the first movie’s patches were from his dad's tours and the new patches are his own and represent his own experiences as a pilot, so it makes complete sense regardless of any political reason. 

16 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's a really good trailer, and I say that as someone with zero attachment/nostalgia for the original. I'm hyped. Of course, then I remember Miles Teller is in this and the good feeling's gone. Good on Paramount for hiding him so far. 

I am also not excited about his involvement but it looks to be so focused on Maverick that I think he won't be able to ruin it for me. 

However, he's not hidden completely in the trailer , you can see him singing at the piano during the bar scene and a brief shot of him having an argument with someone. 

Edited by RaidensSword
Added new quote and reply
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

GOD BLESS AMERICA THE WORLD!

Anyway, I won't watch this as ariel dogfights bore the hell out of me and the original holds precisely zero nostalgia value, but I sure can't wait for the thousand think-pieces.

So this is a much much better trailer than the first trailer of mummy.it's a more of a teaser that doesn't reveal the premise.which makes the tweet that said premise was lame based on the footage the person saw kinda confusing.maybe he saw a different footage ?

Box office wise-if the movie is "good"(The definition of good is much more flexible for a top gun sequel than an Mi sequel)-it should do at least 35% better than mi opening weekends right ?  whatever you may think of Top gun,people have much more fond memories for it than the Mi movies.people like Mi movies but whenever a new trailer for it drops,people are like "oh yeah i loved the last one it's the one where he climbs burj right ? Or was it the plane one ? Or was it the bridge one ?" but people instantly recognized all the call backs in this one.Also Top gun has  lots of female fans  compared to the Mi's.So it has both dad and mom demographic down meaning it can be a stealth family movie.Getting the teen demographic would be  bit of a struggle.

Edited by Tim Hetmyer
wrong choice of words
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

These Twitter bloggers are so incredibly brave.

And couragous.

And bold.

WOah..