Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

Anyone on here who doesn’t think that trailer is awesome is clearly showing their age. These damn millennials. 

Go take selfies on Snapchat and talk to your school friends on Fortnite whilst the rest of us fawn over a trailer for a real blockbuster event incoming...

More like Gen Z. Some of us Millennials are grown-ups now and grew up on Top Gun. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 2

Once the word gets out about the Cruise’s daredevil flying sequences that defy belief - well the hype will hit overdrive.  Imagine those scenes on the big screen. It’ll be unmissable and all people will be talking about. The guy is a madman. We thought we had to wait for MI7/8 for the next crazy Cruise stunt, but Top Gun might well raise the bar before we get to those. 

That takeoff sequence - jaw dropping. You can’t beat the thrill of seeing him do this stuff for real. It’s fantastic. 

• Like 6

Since this film was announced, I had a bad feeling about it. I want to be wrong because I am a TC fan. Joseph Konsinski sure makes beautiful films, I must say. I wasn't hype, but now I'm a little hype. They probably should have waited until Christmas to release this trailer, though?

Imagine being an 80's kid and thinking, "Is there ever gonna be a sequel?".   34 years later.  Wow.  Definitely following the sequel rules bringing back Tom and Val.   I thought it looked really good.  Tony would be proud.   Also Did Tom learn to fly a jet?  LOL.  

4 hours ago, wildphantom said:

Anyone on here who doesn’t think that trailer is awesome is clearly showing their age. These damn millennials. 

Go take selfies on Snapchat and talk to your school friends on Fortnite whilst the rest of us fawn over a trailer for a real blockbuster event incoming...

they need to go full shaft with the marketing. tom cruise ranting about avocado toast and safe spaces and shit 

• Like 1

I'm 28 and have zero nostalgia for Top Gun. Really good trailer though.

Not sure what to predict for box office. This will skew hardcore to 40s and over. OG Top Gun was a big hit, adjusted it's around 430M DOM.

Edited by Mekanos